FIRST BLOCK OF ASSIGNMENT RESULTS CAME BACK! Can I still achieve my ATAR goal? (1 Viewer)

brbstudying

HSC
Hi guys!

Not too psyched, but not too depressed.

English Advanced: 13/15 - 87%
Ancient History: 38/40 - 98%
Modern History: 34/40 - 85%
Music 2: 77%
English Extension 1: yet to be assigned but I am determined to do well
English Extension 2: yet to be assigned but I am determined to do well

I'm aiming for a 98 ATAR goal. Given my marks for the first assessment block, is that too high? I feel like I should lower it?

Shabby-ish start, but I know I can pick myself back up for consistency in ALL subjects. I am still worried about the said "ATAR goal", though, and whether it is achievable at this stage, even if I pick myself back up.

Thanks everyone! Hope you guys are doing well.

Last edited:

Lumenoria

HSC
Firstly, congratulations on the excellent results! I definitely do not think that is too high. Your first block of assessments neither make or break you, so don't fret yet. Just keep maintaining your consistency in marks by studying hard, seeking out your errors and working on them. However, I completely understand how you feel. I received my first block of assessment results back yesterday too, and my ATAR goal remains at 97 - even if I doubt my ability to achieve it. Stay quietly confident, and be persistent. A lot of people I know who did well in the HSC (talking 97.95-99 here) got their worst marks from their first term assessments. Your ranks are good, that's really all that matters. [emoji4] You are definitely more than capable of achieving 98 if you put in the effort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

captainhelium

water enthusiast
HSC
Your English and Legal rank look really strong so if you can capitalise upon that over the year you're bound to do really well on those subjects.

First term assessments don't really mean much in terms of weighting so don't worry about that Ancient History mark. As long as you smash your upcoming assessments and your trial I believe that your rank will improve significantly! Also remember that if your Ancient History cohort is really strong then chances are they can lift you up in the HSC exam.

And also remember that your final HSC exam constitutes to 50% of your entire HSC mark for a particular subject - since the exams are around October/November, you have plenty of time to work hard and improve/polish your understanding.

What rank is your school as well? This may give a better (but not entirely precise) indication for how things are going for you.

And keep sticking to your ATAR goal! It definitely looks achievable. My start to Year 12 wasn't too strong either but I somehow managed to get a 98+.

Last edited:

phat_tar

HSC
Uni Grad
Looking like a 98 is achievable, could we get your schools ranking for some further context?

darkk_blu

HSC
Those are definitely some great results, its on track for a potential 98 ATAR goal, keep in mind that you still have over half a year of hard work ahead of you but KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!

btw, y no math?

brbstudying

HSC
Thanks everyone for the encouraging responses! :) Definitely soldiering on with a 98 ATAR goal.

Our school rank last year was 279. The teachers blamed it on the cohort, as it was 133 the year before. Meh.

btw, y no math?
Lack of interest, plus I'm more of a Shakespeare than an Archimedes haha.

HSC
that's a good start! each assessment is worth only a part of your school marks and then an even smaller part of your overall mark (internals and externals combined) so increasing your marks from now on to achieve 98 atar is definitely possible.

What you need to aim for now is consistency as well as achieving higher.

supR

Trials are the best
HSC
Uni Grad
Awesome way to start the year!
Hoping to see your rank in Ancient push you towards a better one, rather than demotivating you --> It is only the first task, everyone trips up
Best of luck as your keep going towards that 98!

brbstudying

HSC
UPDATE!

English Advanced: 13/15 - 87%
Legal Studies: 40/40 - 100%
Ancient History: 20/25 - 80%
RANK: A lot of people got higher than me :/ so pretty bad
Modern History: 34/40 - 85%
English Extension 2: 15/15 - 100%

Phew. Okay. Now to smash the midcourses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)