What didn't count for you? (1 Viewer)

timmii

sporadic attendee
I just got my uai in the post (yay - confirmation :D) and I was just wondering what subjects didn't count for everyone.

For me it was modern history (at 89, a given) and 1 unit of english advanced (93- well really 92.5. Although my second lowest mark, i thought it would be fairly well scaled).

How about everyone else? Is it what you had expected all year/since results were released? How did scaling affect your expectations?

Add in answers to any of your own questions as well that i didn't think of there!

kini mini

HSC
I'm in Singapore so I'll just have to guess - my science units were the worst at 93 each (phys and chem), but I have 13 units so I suppose only one unit of chem got counted.

schwang_thang

Originally posted by timmii
For me it was modern history (at 89, a given) and 1 unit of english advanced (93- well really 92.5. Although my second lowest mark, i thought it would be fairly well scaled).
really? i thought both units of english were meant 2 count

as 4 me, all my units counted bcos i only had 10, i dropped bio just b4 the hsc exams

1 more

fructis
HSC
Modern history didn't count for me either; it was my lowest mark at 87. I think its a bit depressing really, that a whole subject, and an entire years work, can be made null and void at the hands of UAC!

liz

HSC
One of my friends did 11units and one of her modern history units weren't counted as well. This wasn't her lowest mark though.

del

HSC
N/A
maths didn't count for me...

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
According to lazseeker, Maths Extension 1 wouldnt count for me....but according to UAC, 1 unit of Physics was scrapped (I only got 82 I guess)

Fi

ahahahahahah MATHS i got a meagre 78, i was soo happy, i thought i was gonna fail it.

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
business studies (93)
latin (94)
chemistry (85)
and one unit of advanced english (91) and ext 2 maths didn't count for me.

timmii

sporadic attendee
Weisy - u must have done an enormous amount of units!!!
Did you do them all in one year? How did you have the time?
My absolute admiration to you for that! My belief this whole year has been to do subjects ur interested in becoz u like them. To do that many units must have been becoz u liked them all :p

So which ones *did* count for you?

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
oh, thankyou. my admiration to you for doing so damn well!! hehe

I did 13 units this year, 2 the year before, 3 the year before that. I did them because I was interested in them, and I really enjoyed all the subjects I did (well that's stretching the truth a little - business studies wasn't that great). :D

the units that counted were...

3unit music (all three units - i did it under the old HSC and came 3rd for 2unit and 10th for 3unit)
maths ext. 1
cosmology
english ext 1.
one unit of maths ext.2
one unit of eng advanced

flosh's gurl

half of drama and maths. drama must have scaled really badly cause it was one of my better subjects and it only counted for 1 unit. maths was never going to count. never in a million years. but my maths teacher (one of the sweetest ladies alive) was soo proud that i got over 50. so was i actually

timmii

sporadic attendee
Weisy - 18! Wow! That must have caused headaches for uac trying to keep track over three years and 2 systems! And to get over 90% for 16...my mind is boggling! With 8 spare units, you almost did the HSC twice over. How did you choose what u *didn't* do? :p

Congrats also for ur music results. You must be *so* talented. I saw u want to do medicine, but r u also interested in doing music professionally/semi-professionally

kini mini

HSC
Weisy - 18! Wow! That must have caused headaches for uac trying to keep track over three years and 2 systems! And to get over 90% for 16...my mind is boggling! With 8 spare units, you almost did the HSC twice over. How did you choose what u *didn't* do? :p

Congrats also for ur music results. You must be *so* talented. I saw u want to do medicine, but r u also interested in doing music professionally/semi-professionally
Seconded :eek: Well, you've definitely accomplished the Renaissance goal of doing a bit of everything :D.

I got someone to open my UAC letter, apparently all of physics (93) and half of chem (93) got dumped.

timmii

sporadic attendee
Kini Mini - thats very interesting. Chem scaled higher than physics? Or maybe the chem was higher than the physics in the actual marks but the same when rounded. e.g 93.4 vs 92.6? Either way, to have marks at 93 dumped is quite impressive

Milly

Yes, Weisy is the intellectual wondergirl of our school =) nothing is out of reach of her diverse talents!!

I did 12 units, and Indonesian Continuers (94) wasn't counted for me. It wasn't my lowest mark, so I was surprised, I thought I would lose one unit of advanced English and one unit of Indo.

kini mini

HSC
Kini Mini - thats very interesting. Chem scaled higher than physics? Or maybe the chem was higher than the physics in the actual marks but the same when rounded. e.g 93.4 vs 92.6? Either way, to have marks at 93 dumped is quite impressive
Thanks timmii :). Yeah, I have been wondering about that, but as you said it is hard to tell. My gut feeling after the exams was that chem was better because I messed up the final 8 marker in phys option (diagram was wrong arrgggghhhh), but it's only a feeling.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)