Bombing Half Yearlies (1 Viewer)

Jolteon

HSC
Hi, so it turns out I didn't do well for my Half Yearlies at all. At all.
Is it still possible to do well for HSC? Like getting over 96 ATAR?
I have only one subject that should be able to carry my overall ATAR but the rest are looking very grim (Especially 2u/3u maths)

Thank you :(

Frostguard

HSC
Hey Jolteon buddy!! You must remember that our internal assessments are only worth 50% and the HSC examinations are the remaining 50%. Since you've go multiple assessments within subjects, it means you've got more opportunities and chances to rise back to the top and get a good ranking. As for the 96 ATAR, it mightttttt be a stretch, but it honestly just depends on your subjects and the weighting of your half yearly exams. I've screwed up math (yikes) but I won't let that deter me, I gotta move on and study hard for the rest of my other exams and assessments and I suggest you do too!!! Now you just need to maintain that standard for that one subject and increase your academic performance for all the others. It's ok to mess up, it just means you've got issues like all other kids have, time management, stress, panic, memory loss and ?????? during exams! Cheer up buddy and smash the rest of your assessments so that 96 ATAR can be achievable!!!! Good Luck!!!! :angel:

p.s vaporeon is bette- just kidding haha but good luck, your HSC journey isn't over!! Still got trials to do and those make up like 25%-40% of your entire internal mark!!

Jolteon

HSC
Hey Jolteon buddy!! You must remember that our internal assessments are only worth 50% and the HSC examinations are the remaining 50%. Since you've go multiple assessments within subjects, it means you've got more opportunities and chances to rise back to the top and get a good ranking. As for the 96 ATAR, it mightttttt be a stretch, but it honestly just depends on your subjects and the weighting of your half yearly exams. I've screwed up math (yikes) but I won't let that deter me, I gotta move on and study hard for the rest of my other exams and assessments and I suggest you do too!!! Now you just need to maintain that standard for that one subject and increase your academic performance for all the others. It's ok to mess up, it just means you've got issues like all other kids have, time management, stress, panic, memory loss and ?????? during exams! Cheer up buddy and smash the rest of your assessments so that 96 ATAR can be achievable!!!! Good Luck!!!! :angel:

p.s vaporeon is bette- just kidding haha but good luck, your HSC journey isn't over!! Still got trials to do and those make up like 25%-40% of your entire internal mark!!
C

Cheers buddy this really made me feel better !!

gallen88

HSC
Hey,

My school is currently doing the Half Yearly exam block (this past week and next week... yay...). What my cohort coordinator said was "use the Half Yearlies as a guide as to where you need to improve". I suggest you take this advice.

I think it's still achievable to attain a 96 ATAR but I would suggest learning how to fix up your mistakes ASAP!!! This is so you won't make any more mistakes in the future assessments/exams and move your mark/rank up. : ) Do practice papers, send them into your teachers to mark, ask your teachers to help with a certain subject. BE ANNOYING TO THEM. (Okay don't send an email asking for help at 12am but consistently ask questions). THEY WANT YOU TO SUCCEED!

Good luck!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)