What should i do? (1 Viewer)

goldfishstarfish

HSC
N/A
hello people, I am seeking advice as I am currently close to an anxiety attack and have no idea what to do or what to expect.
I am half way through year 12, with 10 units.
I suffer for mental illnesses which caused me to lose all motivation for school which then caused me to have an attendance below 50% as I had no energy or motivation to get out of bed.
due to not being a school I am missed out on a lot of crucial information such like assessment information. one of my courses is society and culture which means I have a major work, my pip. as I entered year 12 I was given heaps of sheets on my pip and what to expect and I received (what I didn't know) an assessment for society and culture which was check ups and speeches and proposals about my pip. I have only just realised this after talking to someone who finished their hsc last year and who also did society and culture.
With the assessment for society and culture I have basically failed it to my knowledge since I haven't handed in most of what was required (due to the fact that I didn't know since I thought my teacher just wanted to know what we were up to etc) and my in class speeches were incredibly shit and made up on the spot.
so since I have most likely received a 0 for this assessment (I am awaiting information from my teacher) and due to my attendance being around 50% as of current, my question is, is there any point in continuing the rest of the year or should I just drop out. I really want to receive my hsc and receive a good atar (to me around 75) but I know that is most likely impossible now and I have no idea what to do. can I even repeat year 12 since the new hsc guidelines for next year?

Deadboxes

HSC
If you do not receive a 0 for the task, and get an estimate or something, do you truly believe that you'll find motivation to study again and 100% think your goal of 75 is achievable?
If so, go talk to your principal and explain your personal situation
OR
Drop out, go take a TAFE course and transfer or go through WSU College (google it, check their courses)
In terms of the new syllabus, I don't think you'd be able to repeat, as you miss out on year 11 knowledge as-well (Not that its super important, just schools think like that).

Hope you'll do your best either way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)