Plz Help - Can a good ATAR be had from a bad start. (1 Viewer)

Lukey01

HSC
Hi All. Halfway through HSC studying:

Ext. Math 3U,
Physics 2U,
Chemistry 2U,
Engineering Studies 2U,
Studies Of Religion 1U,
English Standard 2U.

My current rankings are: average (ie. Mid-pack) for Engineering Studies, and 3U maths.
I am, however, in the bottom 5 for my Physics and Chemistry courses after 50% of internals completed.
This is with an average of around 50%, while the average for the cohort is somewhere around 64%, with trials coming in 5 weeks.
My question is, is it going to be possible for me to make a huge effort on the remaining 50% of the internals, and achieve a good rank, and, in turn,
crush the externals and get an ATAR of >90.
Thanks in advance to all

supR

Trials are the best
HSC
Uni Grad
You should be striving for the ATAR you want, and the "Huge effort" you propose will definitely help!
It is definitely possible to achieve an ATAR above 90, if you put your head down and grind out these next 5 weeks!

- More practically, make sure to thoroughly analyse your half yearlies to gain a rich understanding of what went wrong.
- Employ study strategies (Succinct notes, past papers, memory techniques etc) and expose yourself to a multitude of questions.
- Hand in draft answers to questions or essays to your teachers for timely feedback, so you can see the progress you are making
- Remember to show empathy towards yourself, and congratulate yourself on any achieve, great or small when progressing to your ATAR goal

Best of luck with it all :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)