Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By gallen88
  • 1 Post By Charlie102
  • 1 Post By captainneuro

Thread: 99.8 + ATAR w/ Std eng

  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    HSC
    2018
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    1

    99.8 + ATAR w/ Std eng

    If I get 96+ In Mex2, Mex1, Physics, Biology, what mark in std eng will yield me a 99.8+ Atar??

  2. #2
    Junior Member captainneuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    NSW
    Posts
    245
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: 99.8 + ATAR w/ Std eng

    Quote Originally Posted by FellowStudent View Post
    If I get 96+ In Mex2, Mex1, Physics, Biology, what mark in std eng will yield me a 99.8+ Atar??
    ~89-91 roughly speaking
    2017 HSC
    2018 Science (Neuro) at University of Sydney

  3. #3
    Cadet gallen88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    HSC
    2018
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    57
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: 99.8 + ATAR w/ Std eng

    I'm sure you can do it, I think the minimum mark you should attain for English Standard is around 93.

    According to Matrix ATAR calculator (BASED ON WHAT THE CALCULATOR HAS PROVIDED, I'M NOT AN EXPERT ON THIS):
    English Std: 95.9
    Math Ext 2: 91.2
    Biology: 95.7
    Math Ext 1: 95.2
    Physics: 95.8
    Will get you an ATAR of 99.80

    If we put in 96 for all your subjects except English Standard in the ATAR calculator on Matrix, if you achieve 96 in every subject and 91 in English Standard you will achieve 99.85. If you achieve 95-96, you've achieved 99.95.

    Good luck!
    Gallen88
    JMP lova likes this.

  4. #4
    Cadet KAIO7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Location
    World of void
    Posts
    54
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: 99.8 + ATAR w/ Std eng

    Final HSC mark of 92-93
    Last edited by KAIO7; 6 May 2018 at 7:52 PM.

  5. #5
    New Member Charlie102's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    HSC
    2012
    Uni Grad
    2016
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: 99.8 + ATAR w/ Std eng

    A thought about ATAR, it's ok to read http://www.mastercoachingaustralia.c...ion-misplaced/
    KAIO7 likes this.

  6. #6
    Junior Member captainneuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    NSW
    Posts
    245
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: 99.8 + ATAR w/ Std eng

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie102 View Post
    A thought about ATAR, it's ok to read http://www.mastercoachingaustralia.c...ion-misplaced/
    Interesting, though articles like that won’t stop dedicated students from trying to achieve the best atar they can
    Charlie102 likes this.
    2017 HSC
    2018 Science (Neuro) at University of Sydney

  7. #7
    I love trials pikachu975's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    NSW
    Posts
    2,299
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: 99.8 + ATAR w/ Std eng

    Quote Originally Posted by sabbabbby View Post
    ~89-91 roughly speaking
    Quote Originally Posted by gallen88 View Post
    I'm sure you can do it, I think the minimum mark you should attain for English Standard is around 93.

    According to Matrix ATAR calculator (BASED ON WHAT THE CALCULATOR HAS PROVIDED, I'M NOT AN EXPERT ON THIS):
    English Std: 95.9
    Math Ext 2: 91.2
    Biology: 95.7
    Math Ext 1: 95.2
    Physics: 95.8
    Will get you an ATAR of 99.80

    If we put in 96 for all your subjects except English Standard in the ATAR calculator on Matrix, if you achieve 96 in every subject and 91 in English Standard you will achieve 99.85. If you achieve 95-96, you've achieved 99.95.

    Good luck!
    Gallen88
    You need more than 91 in english since the marks are basically what I got except I got 95 in phys (but made up for this with 97/99 in 4u/3u) and 96 bio and it got .75 not .8+
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Buy my books/notes cheaply here!

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Uni Course: Actuarial Studies and Statistics at MQ -- PM me if you have questions

    2017 HSC Subjects: Eng Adv / 3u+4u Maths / Bio /Phys
    ATAR: 99.75

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •