Thread: State Rankings

Cadet
    HSC

State Rankings

Hi All

What HSC marks do people usually get to get a state ranking? Are there people who rank first internally, absolutely smash the HSC exam and get like 100? Or do more realistically people who state rank get marks of 97, 98 etc?

HSC

Re: State Rankings

Depends what subject, maths is pretty much always 100 raw for 1st in the state whereas sciences may be only 98.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buy my books/notes cheaply here!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uni Course: Actuarial Studies and Statistics at MQ -- PM me if you have questions

2017 HSC Subjects: Eng Adv / 3u+4u Maths / Bio /Phys
    ATAR: 99.75

HSC
    N/A

Re: State Rankings

The majority of people who state rank are ranked first internally, the chances get significantly lower if you were not first unless of course the person who was first happen to state rank then it'd be possible for those below him to get a state ranking as well but it's not very common though, unless you happen to go a top selective school.

Eng adv 97-98+
    Eng st 96+ although a friend of mine state ranked with a 95
    ESL 96-97+
    Chem 98+
    Bio 97-98+ (98 is more realistic, as a friend of mine got 97 and didn't state rank)
    Maths (2u+ext1) pretty much 100 and sometimes not even a 100 can you get a state rank in ext1
    Maths ext2 is 99-100 ( and based on previous years, I think it will soon be 100, just my opinion tho)

I can't give exact answers for the rest of the subjects but it should be around 97-98

You also have to keep in mind that these marks tend to slightly change every year, but in general it's a 97+ with the competitive subjects leaning towards 98+
    Last edited by KAIO7; 6 May 2018 at 7:42 PM.

Thread Information