Help: HSC Trial Priorities / Ranking (1 Viewer)

luaquad

HSC
Hey everyone,

I just received my half yearly report and would like some guidance on how much study I should be allocating for each subject and what I need to focus on improving.

As it stands my rankings are:

English Adv - 30/70 - 60% of internal left - Trial = 30%
Mathematics - 9/58 - 55% of internal left - Trial = 40%
Maths Ext 1 - 8/25 - 55% of internal left - Trial = 40%
Engineering Studies - 4/8 - 35% of internal left - Trial = 35%
Physics - 1/27 - 55% of internal left - Trial = 35%
Information Processing Technology - 2/10 - 50% of internal left - Trial = 30%

My goal is a 92 ATAR.

Within engineering, the top 5 ranks are all pretty much equal, and that also applies for the top 3 within IPT.

As you can probably tell, English is not my strongest and I need to work on that.

I also wanted to ask what my ideal rank should be for English in order to achieve my ATAR, and also just anything I need to be careful of when there are small classes for a certain subject.

I should probably add that my school is around the 200 mark in rankings :spin:

Thank you,

Last edited:

KAIO7

HSC
N/A
School rank ? And how many band 6s have your school received in the subjects you mentioned in the past few years ? ( an approximation is fine)

luaquad

HSC
I don't know exactly but the school ranking is around 200 and the rough estimate for band 6's is:

Engineering Studies = 3-5
Mathematics = 6-10
Maths Ext 1 = 1-4
Physics = 1-3
Information Processing = 2-3
English Adv = 2-5

KAIO7

HSC
N/A
Yeah, as Pikachu said, ext maths and English and maybe 2u maths as well.

In terms of how much study you should be doing, well for 2u and 3u just make sure you have a through understanding of the content with no gaps, and then start doing past papers. Do as many as you can and make sure you go through them thoroughly and understand how to do every single question.

As for English, it really depends on your weaknesses, so find out what they are and start fixing them.

Make sure you dont neglect your other subjects as well, it's very important to stay consistent. You have some amazing ranks, so try to maintain them.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)