Internal assessment rank vs. HSC external mark? (help) (1 Viewer)

Cronus

HSC
N/A
So if I get, let's say 4th in internal assessment rank, and my HSC external mark is extremely high, like a 98, and that's technically 1st, will the 1st internally ranked person take my external HSC mark of 98, and I get the 4th highest external HSC mark? What if that 4th mark is pretty bad, like an 80? And when I think about it this way, it's not really fair.. :/

Lumenoria

HSC
The gaps between your internal marks will be taken into consideration in the moderation process. It's not as absolute as you make it seem. You always keep your external mark, but it's averaged out with the internal mark (so in this case, it would be 98+80/2) - if your moderated assessment mark is 80, which would be unlikely anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frostguard

HSC
Yeah the HSC doesn't exactly reward individual achievement, but rather the strength of your cohort, but I guess it does give the students who've put in a lot and effort and earned a high internal rank kind of 'leeway' so that if you mess up externals, you'll end up taking else someone's mark anyway, which is not very fair... Just maximise your ranking especially in subjects with bigger gaps between the students and you won't experience the effects of getting dragged down too much I guess.. :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)