Is there still time to turn around my HSC? (1 Viewer)

WISHiKNEW2

HSC
Hey,
So I've been pretty sick this year. I've missed a fair bit of school and have some pretty bad memory issues.
I've missed at least one assessment for every subject and my estimated ATAR based on my trials results is 43.85.

I really am prepared to work and did really well at school up until part way through year 11 when I started getting unwell.

Can I still turn things around and get an ATAR of 90+?
Is there anything specific I could do to turn around my HSC having screwed up all my internals, with only externals to go?

Thank you so much.
Mu subjects are: Mathematics, English Adv., Physics, Chem, Music 1

boredofstudiesuser1

HSC
I'm not sure if to 90+, but you can definitely improve that ATAR! You have 50% of everything left.
However, ask yourself why you need that 90+ ATAR. What are your goals? Are there any pathways, entry programs, bonus points or other unis that offer the same thing for lower ATAR?
I know pathways or even TAFE have a negative stigma attached to them, but they really relieve a lot of stress and in the case of TAFE, debt of getting a diploma and then transferring to your degree for second year is so much less and really takes off the HSC pressure. Especially if you're feeling unwell, there's no point in pushing yourself really hard - just do your best :)

Of course, you can try for a higher ATAR, but for e.g. with a 50 ATAR at MQ, you can do this 1 year program (I think) where you finish an English unit (actual important applicable English) some maths and a subject of your choice, and then as long as you do some compulsory unit for whatever it is you want to do, you can get into ANY degree for second year.

Here's a link if you're interested: https://www.mq.edu.au/study/other-entry-programs/next-step-program

But yeah, just do your best and know that there are heaps of options out there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)