Thread: ATAR estimate please

HSC

ATAR estimate please

Hi, could i get an ATAR estimate please.

These are my trial marks and internal ranks

Mathematics - 96 (1/19)
    Maths Ext 1 - 79 (3/14)
    Chemistry - 80 (1/18)
    Physics - 94 (1/18)
    Software Design and Dev - 86 (1/3)
    ESL - 87 ( 1/11)

School rank 2017 - 275 (B6/E4 count : 13/Unique Band 6/Band E4 Students 8)
    School rank 2016 - n/a (B6/E4 count : 9)

2017 : Maths - B6/E4 : 1
    2016 : ESL B6/E4 : 2

2014 highest atar : 98.5
    2015 highest atar : 97ish

Thats all the data I could get, hopefully it is enough

HSC

Re: ATAR estimate please

Hi cookie,
    Considering that you're topping almost all of your subjects, (and also taking your school rank into account), I'd say you're going to get at least a 96.5 - also based off of the top ATAR's at your school in the past two years.

HSC

Also, here is a question I copy-pasted, which no-one has answered yet. Anyone? Thanks.

Hi all,

My subjects are Adv English, 2U Maths, French Extension and Chinese Extension.
    I go to a top 10 school, and in terms of overall rank after Trials, I'm in the top 68% of my grade (or the bottom 32% if you want to look at it that way, lol).

a) What ATAR do you think I'll get?

b) Also, if I were to get the absolute minimum for a Band 6 in each subject, what ATAR would I get?

c) + What about if I get mid-high band 6's in some but band 5's in others? (I figure they'll cancel out to be the same as all low band 6's...?)

Thanks,

- blue

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by blue1 View Post
    Also, here is a question I copy-pasted, which no-one has answered yet. Anyone? Thanks.

Hi all,

My subjects are Adv English, 2U Maths, French Extension and Chinese Extension.
    I go to a top 10 school, and in terms of overall rank after Trials, I'm in the top 68% of my grade (or the bottom 32% if you want to look at it that way, lol).

a) What ATAR do you think I'll get?

b) Also, if I were to get the absolute minimum for a Band 6 in each subject, what ATAR would I get?

c) + What about if I get mid-high band 6's in some but band 5's in others? (I figure they'll cancel out to be the same as all low band 6's...?)

Thanks,

- blue
    a) No idea, you haven't mentioned school ranking, you could be going to James Ruse and be in the bottom 32% and that's technically a 97 ATAR or you can go to the worst school in NSW and be like a 50 ATAR, be more specific about the school.

b) A 94-98 ATAR.

c) Yes, that's right, most likely they will cancel each other out, if you get a 98 in Mathematics but screw up in lets say in English and you get a 82, then I guess it'll be the same as getting 88-92 out of 100 for both subjects.

HSC

Could you help me with my Atar as well. I failed an English internal and was wondering what it would be.
    I go to a top selective school (between Girraween and James ruse in rankings).
    My rank ranges (school doesn't give exacts for some reason)

4u maths: 8/64 (highest hsc mark was 100 and 30 people get an e4)
    3u maths : 20/128 ( highest hsc mark was 99 and 55 people get an e4)
    Physics : 6/55 (highest hsc mark was ~97 and around 20 people get band 6s)
    Chemistry 30/102 ( highest hsc mark was 97 and around 36 people get band 6s)
    Biology 18/72 ( highest hsc mark was 97 and around 30 people get band 6s)

45% of my internals are done and I'm at around 20/45 as a mark for English advanced and I'm 12 below average. My rank is somewhere between 120 -135/140. My teacher said that everyone but the bottom 5 get at least band 5s.

What would my predicted atar be and is it too late to get a high band 5 in English.
    Last edited by odt1234; 15 Apr 2019 at 12:13 AM.

Thread Information