messed up trials, what now? (1 Viewer)

sulyc

HSC
i know there's probably a million other posts just like this, but i just wanted to post this just so i can get this off my chest.
so my school has a 3+3 hsc system (3 subjects yr 11, 3 subjects yr 12), and i sorta messed my year 11 trials up even though my subjects are pretty easy..
senior science - ~70%
english standard - ~50%
ancient history - ~60%
i have no idea what my overall internal score/rank is atm because they aren't given to us until we recieve our report cards, but those were my trial marks (yes i know i'm an idiot)
this was likely due to the fact that i studied for 1-2 hours the night before each exam except english which i didn't study for at all...
next year i'll be doing general math and multimedia
my hsc is in exactly a month from now, do you guys have any tips for me to pick my game up and get an ATAR of at least 70, and how hard it would be to achieve considering my position?

Last edited:

Black Elmo

HSC
wish they had that system for me, dont worry about it just learn from your mistakes and focus on the future

i have my math yearly tommorow and i slacked off the whole day

MONONYMOUS

HSC
Put in a study routine where you're studying 2 - 4 hours a night or morning. I personally like to study from 8pm - 12pm. Towards your HSC exam, I'd study 5 - 7 hours a day. Make sure you don't overwork yourself but also make sure you're putting in the best effort. For Math I'd be doing it 1 - 2 hours a night or every second night. I'm not sure if understood, but if you're still doing English make sure you do study. I like to smash out both extended responses and short answers by giving myself a variety of possible exam questions. If you know how to write good essays, Ancient is a lot of ROTE learned - I watch documentaries and take notes word for word bc that works for me.

Hope that helps a bit !!
Good luck !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)