HSC Mark (1 Viewer)

Zyphronic

HSC
As you can see in my signature, I'm doing a accelerated subject meaning I'm not eligible for an ATAR.

However, after calculating my internal's. I've gotten a mark of 76.8/100. Just wondering if I can still get a Band 6 or even possibly high Band 6? I did really bad on my first three assessments and really started trying on my last two including trials. I heard they calculate HSC mark and average it with internal and the actual HSC exam. It would be great if I could have clarification on if whether Band 6 is possible and how the HSC overall mark for a subject is calculated.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
As you can see in my signature, I'm doing a accelerated subject meaning I'm not eligible for an ATAR.

However, after calculating my internal's. I've gotten a mark of 76.8/100. Just wondering if I can still get a Band 6 or even possibly high Band 6? I did really bad on my first three assessments and really started trying on my last two including trials. I heard they calculate HSC mark and average it with internal and the actual HSC exam. It would be great if I could have clarification on if whether Band 6 is possible and how the HSC overall mark for a subject is calculated.
The actual internal mark doesn't matter it's just your rank and relative gaps. E.g. if you got 50/100 internal mark overall but you're ranked 1st, your internal mark becomes the highest external mark even if it's 100. If you were, say 5th, then your internal mark will be APPROXIMATELY the 5th highest external mark (depending on relative gaps!!) so it depends on how your cohort performs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)