Will bad cohorts affect my chance of getting 99+ ATAR? (1 Viewer)

SterlingC

HSC
I’m taking EALD, Maths Adv, Legal, Exonomics, Modern History and Physics. Most of my humanities classes have very low number of students. Let’s say if they score badly everytime and I am ranked 1st each time, will they drag me down?
I’m really worried about this :(

notthedevil

I love the Pakenham line
HSC
If you're ranked 1st, no, your cohort will have no effect on your final HSC mark. You can still get a great HSC mark if you're ranked 2nd or lower btw, you just have to gear heaps of energy towards the External exams (which you should already be doing for a 99 ATAR). If you rank first and get the highest Exam mark in your class cohort, then that Exam mark becomes your Assessment mark as well.

Honestly, you should probably be more worried about procrastination and burnout. Those things hit me like a truck by the time I only had External exams left.

supR

Trials are the best
HSC
Uni Grad
I totally agree with notthedevil on this one, burnout and procrastination are serious killers when it comes to HSC success, but that shouldn't scare you.

Realistically, the only measure you can control is the amount of work that you put in, you can't control the difficulty of the exams or the quality of your cohort, so you shouldn't worry about those things. You *CAN* control the amount of study you put into your exams, and your motivation and self-belief which are critical to doing well. So study hard and regularly, take breaks, and have fun!

Best of luckk c:

studygirl118

HSC
If you’re ranked first then you won’t be dragged down at all. I was worried about this as well in my small ancient history class, so I came 1st, got a band 6 in the hsc and that mark was both my external and internal. The cohort had absolutely no influence on me, despite them collectively achieving below state average. You can only control what you do so I would just focus on getting a good rank ... good luck :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

t1774ny

HSC
I’m taking EALD, Maths Adv, Legal, Exonomics, Modern History and Physics. Most of my humanities classes have very low number of students. Let’s say if they score badly everytime and I am ranked 1st each time, will they drag me down?
I’m really worried about this :(
How did your EALD go? I'm teaching EALD currently and would love to hear how your writing went.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)