did they actually list students who got > 90 UAI in newspaper? (1 Viewer)

mmhmm

i heard that in the newspaper a few days ago they published all the names of students who got over 90 uai. is this true??????

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
im not sure, havent heard anything but i'd be interested to know aswell. in case i missed something. Lol

wogboy

Terminator
HSC
Which paper was it? Does anyone know if another newspaper will do the same?

schwang_thang

Originally posted by mmhmm
i heard that in the newspaper a few days ago they published all the names of students who got over 90 uai. is this true??????
i dont think so
a few yrs ago (after the mount druitt incident) they did sum sorta legislation sayin that students' UAI's werent allowed 2 b released 2 ne1 but the student n the universities

SkAnDi

HSC
Yeah, if they were released in the newspaper my principal didn't hear about it... since he called me about 30 minutes ago inquiring as to what my UAI was.

mmhmm

i also thougt they didnt list ppls names cuz of that new piece of privacy legislation but i just heard from a friend that they did. i looked at both the smh and telegraph site but nothin was there.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
UAIs are never released to anyone except the individual student and the universities they applied for.

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
dont the school know? coz my skool knew all teh pplz who got into uni?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Schools also have access to the degree offers made to their students - but not their UAIs.

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
SMH had all the names...UAI's came out on Friday didn't they? I bought the SMH on Saturday.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
where where where ... ive seen an heard nothing about it ...

edit: what would the school think if you did a course way below you uai, would they think you got a low uai if you didnt tell them ...

jessika

law chicky
HSC
Originally posted by flyin'
where where where ... ive seen an heard nothing about it ...

edit: what would the school think if you did a course way below you uai, would they think you got a low uai if you didnt tell them ...
haha........imagine if you got dux at your school, and didn't tell your school what your uai was and did a course that only required 50 or something when you really got 90 something :D

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by jessika

haha........imagine if you got dux at your school, and didn't tell your school what your uai was and did a course that only required 50 or something when you really got 90 something :D
that would prevent them from speculating over your uai because it would be anyway between 50 and 90 ... poor poor school ...:D

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
Originally posted by InfiniteQ
SMH had all the names...UAI's came out on Friday didn't they? I bought the SMH on Saturday.
that was the honour roll.

supa_yee

my name was in the paper and i didn't get a uai > 90. Your name is in the paper if you got band 6 in any of your subjects..

Lugia

hey does the school knows all your individual marks? or do they just know the number of people in each bands?

Cos I thought I might tell my teacher what HSC mark I got but it might sounds stupid if he already knew anyway...

:)

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
They know each of your individual marks.

It's often nice to tell your teachers anyway so they don't think you've forgotten them. ;)

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Lazarus
It's often nice to tell your teachers anyway so they don't think you've forgotten them. ;)
forgotten who? :D ... short term memory ... like all the other cramming ... it just goes in one ear and out the other ...

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
Originally posted by flyin'

forgotten who? :D ... short term memory ... like all the other cramming ... it just goes in one ear and out the other ...
Hmm noo I don't think so... if they made a significant impact.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)