Ranked 1st or 2nd? (1 Viewer)

littlemic21

Lurking In The Shadows
HSC
my brothers always going on bout how i HAVE to come ranked 1st or ill stuff up... how much difference does it make if i come 1st or 2nd?

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Originally posted by littlemic21
my brothers always going on bout how i HAVE to come ranked 1st or ill stuff up... how much difference does it make if i come 1st or 2nd?
zilch i guess... if the gap isnt that big

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
yes but getting the 2nd top mark isn't necesarilly bad if the 2nd top mark is 1 mark below the 1st

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
If you're aiming for 99 or something similar, then it's probably significant... if you're content with 90+, you don't really need to worry about it too much.

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
????
isn't it like.. if you come second, but ur marks are like.. 98.. just after the first, then ur still okay??
lol.. dunno... lazarus has spoken... ^^

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by Lazarus
If you're aiming for 99 or something similar, then it's probably significant... .
Please explain how!!

I love the quickquote thing! :D

fuzz_bubble

Originally posted by Lazarus
If you're aiming for 99 or something similar, then it's probably significant... if you're content with 90+, you don't really need to worry about it too much.
im so confused...doesnt it have anythin to do with the actual marks at all??
what if the same marks (assuming they're high) get u 1st in some schools but only 5th in another?
does that somehow jeopardise ur chances of getting 99+ coz ur less likely to get 1st in ranking in a better school??
its not spose to rite.. o_O"

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by fuzz_bubble
what if the same marks (assuming they're high) get u 1st in some schools but only 5th in another?
does that somehow jeopardise ur chances of getting 99+ coz ur less likely to get 1st in ranking in a better school??
its not spose to rite.. o_O"
Nonono, you're right - it's not supposed to, and it doesn't.

The theory goes that, at the other school where you would have been ranked 5th, the 'better' performances of the students above you would pull you up just enough to compensate for any loss.

It all balances out. :)

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
It truly depends... there are so many variable factors involved.

Ultimately, the rank you need to achieve depends on you and your school. The smarter the school, the lower the rank. This is fair because smarter schools have smarter students, and smarter students make it harder for you to get access to the high rank positions.

imsooverskool

theres a fire in my pants
HSC
ok thats a littel comforting because i am second in every subject... in legal its only 0.5, i was so furious but now im over it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)