school ranks (1 Viewer)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
is it possible to find out my schools rank within the state? like, not necessarily the uai's or anything,just how we fair as a group as opposed to some of the more ritzy sydney schools?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
(not too sure how the previous posters interpreted your question)

The SMH ranks schools by their HSC results every year - it's debatable whether their rankings are actually valid, but I'm sure it would give you at least some indication of how your school compares to the rest of the state.

Minai usually has the details on those... I think there's a post with them floating around somewhere.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I posted the list here:

http://x300-3-bne.servers.net.au/~admin8/community/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8541

Yeah they way this list was compiled is based on percentage of Band 6's from the total exams sat at the school.
ie. for James Ruse, they sat roughly 1100 exams, and got about 550 Band 6's from those exams, giving a percentage of around 50%...and so on for the rest of the schools, and this is how they are ranked according to that list. I kno there are other ways to give schools rankings too, like the Daily Telegraph uses another method

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)