BOS Assessment marks and HSC...? (1 Viewer)

junior

sorry guys and girls, i'm new here, and i've looked around to try find something about this...but yet to find it.
i was wondering if anyone could clarify how the marks are alligned. i understand you do assessments and trials which add up to 100%, and that mark is worth 50..and then ur overall HSC mark is worth 50...but how do they give you an overall HSC mark..? and more importantly...i hear allot of the time that they will re-adjust ur BOS marks to match your HSC marks if there r huge disrepancies...?

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Aligned Marks
An aligned mark refers to a mark after it has been measured up against course descriptors and has been aligned to the performance bands. They are a measure of what a student has achieved in terms of the standards of the course, and reveal nothing about a students performance in relation to their cohort. They cannot be compared between courses. All of the results reported on the HSC Record of Achievement are aligned marks (rounded to the nearest integer). There are three types:

Aligned examination marks are the result of aligning raw examination marks to the performance bands.

Aligned assessment marks are the result of aligning the moderated assessment marks to the performance bands.

Aligned HSC marks are the average of the above two marks.

Raw examination marks and initial moderated assessment marks are aligned to the performance bands through a process called multi-linear mapping or a piece-wise linear transformation.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
As Ragerunner pointed out, the final HSC mark is simply the average of the two component marks.

Originally posted by junior
i hear allot of the time that they will re-adjust ur BOS marks to match your HSC marks if there r huge disrepancies...?
For the life of me, I can't figure out the difference between what you're calling BOS marks and HSC marks. But you're obviously referring to the moderating process (in some way) and so you should read this thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)