how long does it take to become a chartered accountant after finishing your degree? (1 Viewer)

HSC
after finishing my degree, how long will it take me to become a certified chartered accountant?

also, approximately, what's the starting wage for a first year accountant?

Last edited:
HSC
Re: how long does it take to become a chartered accountant after finishing your degre

anyone?

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Re: how long does it take to become a chartered accountant after finishing your degre

Do a search through the threads in here. There are plenty.

HSC

i didn't find anything when i did a search. anybody wanna weigh in?

Pacchiru

like bonnie and clyde
HSC

nope

sorry, adam

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC

boxes,did you get a job at aldi?

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC

my brother in law is an accountant
after he finished his degree, i think it took him 2 years?? to become a CPA coz he had to do another course on top of his degree

idk

he's on 100k now, finished uni in 04

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC

after finishing my degree, how long will it take me to become a certified chartered accountant?

also, approximately, what's the starting wage for a first year accountant?
Usually takes around 2-3 years after grad to complete CA/CPA studies.

Accounting salaries for graduates are around $40,000 - $45,000.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC

you start your CA subjects after 9 months (or something like that) of work experience...

yr 1 - get enough work experience + 1 module
yr 2 - 3 modules
yr 3 - last module (so you finish by about may)

that should be around about the minimum time it takes. if you have done vac/other acceptable work experience then you generally get 2 modules done in yr 1 and have the chance to finish off the ca subjects by end of yr 2. just remember that you need to have 3 yrs of work experience to be fully qualified...but i think thats more of a formality.

in terms of pay, it will be interesting to see how much fresh grads get now, but i would be shocked (and depressed) if it deviates more than 45k +/- 2k. this is in audit btw - tax will get you a bit more.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad

you start your CA subjects after 9 months (or something like that) of work experience...

yr 1 - get enough work experience + 1 module
yr 2 - 3 modules
yr 3 - last module (so you finish by about may)

that should be around about the minimum time it takes. if you have done vac/other acceptable work experience then you generally get 2 modules done in yr 1 and have the chance to finish off the ca subjects by end of yr 2. just remember that you need to have 3 yrs of work experience to be fully qualified...but i think thats more of a formality.

in terms of pay, it will be interesting to see how much fresh grads get now, but i would be shocked (and depressed) if it deviates more than 45k +/- 2k. this is in audit btw - tax will get you a bit more.
how long it takes is dependant on you passing all the modules first go too, and its not a walk in the park like uni..I'm into my final module over the next couple of months

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC

how long it takes is dependant on you passing all the modules first go too, and its not a walk in the park like uni..I'm into my final module over the next couple of months
well ofcourse that assumes you pass all your modules....:p

i actually personally dont think CAs as much of a pain in the ass as people make it out to be. you can still cram and get through....but if you are aiming for a merit, then yeahj its tough balancing consistent study with full time work. especially around busy season if you're in audit.

PS - you can become a senior at EY without your CA?? lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)