EY Game Changers Club (1 Viewer)

killerbug

HSC
Hi,

Has anyone been in the EY Game Changers Club? What was your experience like? Did you enjoy it?

killerbug

HSC
yea, im assuming you got a call today too.

Last edited:

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
i really should have applied. sml
relax

PwC Preview Program and Deloitte Development Program are still to be opened and KPMG's Foundations program is operating on a rolling application basis so you can still get in with these guys

enoilgam

HSC
i really should have applied. sml
You are in first year, so there will be heaps of chances. Just dont leave it until your final year - the job market for graduates is beyond tough, so professional development is a MUST during uni.

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
I am doing a double degree though.
Same here but I think these programs allow you to do them in your 2nd year of a 4 year degree and 3rd of your 5 year degree iirc

actually i think the pwc preview program has no limitation on what year you can be

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Same here but I think these programs allow you to do them in your 2nd year of a 4 year degree and 3rd of your 5 year degree iirc

actually i think the pwc preview program has no limitation on what year you can be
I think you mean the KPMG program?

enoilgam

HSC
It's worth looking at the banks/mid-tiers as well for these opportunities. The Big 4 promot heavily, which is why they get considerable opportunities, but there is other stuff out there.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
It's worth looking at the banks/mid-tiers as well for these opportunities. The Big 4 promot heavily, which is why they get considerable opportunities, but there is other stuff out there.
Really? I've tried checking if banks ran similar stuff but i only found their internship stuff

No I actually mean both the PwC and KPMG program :haha:
ooo, my bad.

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
Really? I've tried checking if banks ran similar stuff but i only found their internship stuff
yeah actually speaking of, same with mid-tier firms

most of the search only comes up with internships (which is great) but like development programs

enoilgam

HSC
yeah actually speaking of, same with mid-tier firms

most of the search only comes up with internships (which is great) but like development programs
Have you checked places like Macquarie and AMP? Generally speaking though, the Big 4 firms are usually the only ones to run these programs, because they have a pretty high cost.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Have you checked places like Macquarie and AMP? Generally speaking though, the Big 4 firms are usually the only ones to run these programs, because they have a pretty high cost.
Macquarie

http://www.macquarie.com.au/mgl/au/about-macquarie-group/careers/graduates/gradfaqs

I am looking for an opportunity to obtain some work experience. Does Macquarie offer this?
Outside of our formal summer internship program we don’t offer other opportunities for work experience.
Couldn't find anything about AMP.

It's a shame though, i wish more financial services firms had programs similar to that of the big 4 audit

enoilgam

HSC
It's a shame though, i wish more financial services firms had programs similar to that of the big 4 audit
The main issue is cost. I work in HR at a major organisation and I've read through some of the internal reporting on graduate programs and other student initiatives and they represent a massive cost to the business. The expense that goes into recruiting and training graduates/students added to the fact that they are often limited in what they can do reduces its viability for many organisations. Investing money into graduates/students is something which only pays off long term if the students progress to managers/leaders within the organisation. But if they leave after spending only a few years with the company, then the organisation pretty much loses out on its investment. So it's really a big risk, which is why these programs are rare. All of this stuff adds up to a super competitive graduate/student market.

I'm speculating here, but the Big 4 mainly do it because they can afford it and a large part of their business model is based on developing talent from the ground up.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
The main issue is cost. I work in HR at a major organisation and I've read through some of the internal reporting on graduate programs and other student initiatives and they represent a massive cost to the business. The expense that goes into recruiting and training graduates/students added to the fact that they are often limited in what they can do reduces its viability for many organisations. Investing money into graduates/students is something which only pays off long term if the students progress to managers/leaders within the organisation. But if they leave after spending only a few years with the company, then the organisation pretty much loses out on its investment. So it's really a big risk, which is why these programs are rare. All of this stuff adds up to a super competitive graduate/student market.

I'm speculating here, but the Big 4 mainly do it because they can afford it and a large part of their business model is based on developing talent from the ground up.
Great insight, i never thought about it from that perspective.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)