UNSW vs MACQUARIE for B Commerce (1 Viewer)

eldorado

HSC
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I'm wondering about which university to go to in order to complete my B Comm (Accounting) degree. Of course in terms of prestige UNSW takes the lead, but since I'm doing it part time, its 6 years at UNSW and only 3 years equal part time (equal to fulltime) at Mac.

Thoughts?

eldorado

HSC
what about in terms of the amount of years? Another 3 years at UNSW I feel like I should just go to Mac, since I already have a job lined up for me.

SquareHeartsAdrita

cya later alligator
HSC
what answer do you want? In the end you'll be making the decision and the merits of choosing one uni over the other will have minimum benefits if at all.

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
Macquarie in this case, if you're only doing accounting prestige really doesn't take much of a factor here, saving 3 years is a alot of time,and moneywise too, plus macquarie itself isn't that bad for accounting.

eldorado

HSC
Macquarie in this case, if you're only doing accounting prestige really doesn't take much of a factor here, saving 3 years is a alot of time,and moneywise too, plus macquarie itself isn't that bad for accounting.
yeah 3 years best save of time, but, and yeah another but, but it'll be a lot more intense since ill be working full time right, is it do-able?

Chronost

HSC
yeah 3 years best save of time, but, and yeah another but, but it'll be a lot more intense since ill be working full time right, is it do-able?
Yes, I'm doing this right now and I'm finding it very managable,just use timely wisely on the weekend and you should be swell. I know alot of others who also manage the same thing and they are doing alright too. Time management is key.

eldorado

HSC
Yes, I'm doing this right now and I'm finding it very managable,just use timely wisely on the weekend and you should be swell. I know alot of others who also manage the same thing and they are doing alright too. Time management is key.
So Macquarie equal part time (3 years) is the way to go, since UNSW and UTS is 6 years part time. Confirm? Confirm?

Also, which uni are you going to Chronost?

Chronost

HSC
So Macquarie equal part time (3 years) is the way to go, since UNSW and UTS is 6 years part time. Confirm? Confirm?

Also, which uni are you going to Chronost?
Yes.

I go to UTS, most convinient for cadets like me. I'm doing two majors though which is probably why Macquarie skimps on the time because you only chose to do one major(while other universities still make you do the full 6 years with electives).

Though I'm curious how you got the information that it's 3 years part-time at macq? Which degree is this? Normal B.Comm or B.Prof accounting?

eldorado

HSC
Yes.

I go to UTS, most convinient for cadets like me. I'm doing two majors though which is probably why Macquarie skimps on the time because you only chose to do one major(while other universities still make you do the full 6 years with electives).

Though I'm curious how you got the information that it's 3 years part-time at macq? Which degree is this? Normal B.Comm or B.Prof accounting?
I got the info from this years UAC Guide, its B. Commerce - Prof accounting

Okay I have a few questions

> Is social life existent with full-time work/part-time uni (3 year degree just like full-time, or in your case; two majors)
> Which firm do you work at as a cadet?
> What made you do two majors instead of just accounting major?

Pls Respond Fanks

Chronost

HSC
I got the info from this years UAC Guide, its B. Commerce - Prof accounting

Okay I have a few questions

> Is social life existent with full-time work/part-time uni (3 year degree just like full-time, or in your case; two majors)
> Which firm do you work at as a cadet?
> What made you do two majors instead of just accounting major?

Pls Respond Fanks
1.Yes, I'm quite socially active during weekends. On weekdays its obiviously a bit harder,but you can go off once or twice after work.
2.I can PM you that information,I don't want it fully public (although alot already know).
3.Options, options, options. You don't truly know if accounting is the career for you and there's always a chance you might want a career change later on in life as well, and even if it is finance helps you in some aspects of it, especially around financial services. In addition out of pure interest when just doing accounting can be abit dry at times.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)