Quick Q - Cadetships (1 Viewer)

Watermelooon

HSC
Okay so i see this forum page has a lot of cadetship discussion threads
And i just have a quick Q -
Do firms offering cadetships really care about which institution you attend? I know that for CA program, they do not care what university/college you have attended... i was wondering if this was teh same with cadetships????

Or do they even have any small inclination towards a candidate studying at USYD as opposed to MQ?
If so, can you let me know which firms do this?

-Thanks guys

hovamagna

HSC
N/A
No one cares tbh. It's all about your volunteer experience/grades/extra-curriculars.

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
No bias towards any uni, you'll probably see a higher percentage going usyd/unsw though, just because in general people there are of higher calibre and well..it has its prestige and reputation for teaching (and many on cadetships tend to be decent students with some ECs)

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
No bias towards any uni, you'll probably see a higher percentage going usyd/unsw though, just because in general people there are of higher calibre and well..it has its prestige and reputation for teaching (and many on cadetships tend to be decent students with some ECs)
Isn't this bias then? Choosing USYD over MQ for it's prestige/reputation for teaching?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I'd say the main concern with your choice of university is out of practicality/logistics- i.e. how flexible is it with your work schedule, how far is it from your office/clients, etc... but as long as it's one of the majors which are recognised for CA and the university offers part time, I think most firms are indifferent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)