Finance/commerce (accounting) or Law/commerce (accounting), which has more 'scope'? (1 Viewer)

felix04490

HSC
Contemplating between the two. Since their arent many employment opportunites in law, which one would you say is more rewarding in a commerce based industry? Do employers appeal to a law degree when applying for a commerce related job? Is it worth it?

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
Re: Finance/commerce (accounting) or Law/commerce (accounting), which has more 'scope

If you have an interest in law and want to study it, just do law. Don't worry about employment just study hard and the opportunities will come in front of you.

felix04490

HSC
Re: Finance/commerce (accounting) or Law/commerce (accounting), which has more 'scope

good thinking, but is a law degree worth the effort at the end of the day? Alot of people argue com is alot less stress

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad

If your focus is on whether your studies will be stressful, in all honesty, law probably isn't for you (assuming you are vying for an actual law role). That being said employment opportunities in top law jobs as a graduate (or even an internship) are not easy and I think the top firms tend to be fighting for the same pool of best candidates.

IMO having the law degree isn't a bad thing to have on your CV and it will definitely give you credibility in more scenarios than you can imagine even if you don't work as a lawyer. Like many studies, it's not what you know but what it says about you and your reasoning/character/etc.

If I could do well in law (i.e. put up with the readings) then maybe I would have pursued it but I knew it wasn't ever going to be for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)