business studies needed for business degree? (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
I'm in yr 10 and very much considering doing a business or commerce degree. I haven't picked business studies as a course for yr 11 and 12 as my interests changed (also i heard it scaled really bad). I have the ability to change but am not sure if i would need to. Do i need to take business studies to do a business degree, is it preferred, or am i better of doing a better scaling, more interesting (i heard it is extremely easy and boring) subject?

Phaze

Pleb.
HSC
I'm in yr 10 and very much considering doing a business or commerce degree. I haven't picked business studies as a course for yr 11 and 12 as my interests changed (also i heard it scaled really bad). I have the ability to change but am not sure if i would need to. Do i need to take business studies to do a business degree, is it preferred, or am i better of doing a better scaling, more interesting (i heard it is extremely easy and boring) subject?
No you don't need to take it to study business at uni. Yes it's an easier Year 11/12 subject than most others but only do it if you actually want to do it.

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
You won't need to do business studies for a business or commerce degree. It might benefit you a little in a few first year classes, but if you have never done any studies prior you won't struggle.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Not at all. But it definitely helps a bit in giving you a broader understanding earlier on if it's something you want to pursue.

I personally did it and whilst it was very rote learning and not great for scaling, quite a few of the concepts learnt in the syllabus actually come back not just at undergraduate level but even in post grad courses (eg CA).

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
Nope. But it's a great course if you're looking to get into that sort of field.

photastic

HSC
No but it will definitely help you transition into uni in some ways since you would also encounter a few concepts learnt in business studies say like E.G. Balance sheet will be in 1st year accounting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)