Bachelor of Economics - UTS or MQ? (1 Viewer)

bachblack

HSC
There's only a few months to make up my mind before February 2017 and I don't know which of the two unis is better for me.

MQ's offer is very tempting as they can provide me with 20000 AUD to finance my study in Australia and also because of their reputation as well as cultural diversity in recent years. However, I've heard many students said that student support in this university is quite bad and economics is not a field MQ can compete with other unis.

UTS does not grant me any scholarship. But it seems that this university adopts teaching methods that focus on increasing student's employability (which is something I desperately need). It's also worth noting that UTS is ranked 7th in Australia under QS ranking system with regards to their economics program (that's even better than some GO8 unis, namely Uni of Adelaide and UWA).

I also intend to take several CS courses as electives as economics + CS seems to be a good combination if I want to land a full-time job, which can help me finance further studies in economics so that I can get a chance to work in the field.

So which should I choose? UTS or MQ?

Rileh

HSC
Well I would think that the money is a huge factor, for me it would be a no brainer and I'd go MAQ. MAQ integrates internships and practical experience, it really wouldn't be that far behind UTS.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I'd say do economics at Macquarie.Firstly you have the scholarship and secondly I know from first hand experience that Macquarie has some talented lecturers in the field of economics.

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
I think Macq would be great! Considering the circumstance and all that you're in
How are they both transport wise for you?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)