Bachelor of Commerce (Liberal Studies) at UNSW?! (1 Viewer)

riribhandarare

HSC
Hey everyone!

I am thinking of doing the Bachelor of Commerce (Liberal Studies) degree at UNSW. Is this degree worthwhile? and if so what are its benefits? Also, what are some high paying career outcomes that become achievable after the completion of this degree? Is this degree mainly for the people that want to become entrepreneurs? Any tips/advice/personal experience is welcome.

Thank you!

sida1049

HSC
B. Commerce (Liberal Studies) hasn't been offered by UNSW for at least several years now.

If you're still interested, USYD offers the degree. The main advantage of the degree is that it's very flexible, with less compulsory units than your usual commerce degree. This allows you to complete a maximum of 3 majors within 4 years, from a variety of different faculties (at least one commerce major is compulsory). This degree is mainly for students with an eclectic range of interests including and outside of commerce. This degree is competitive in your usual commerce-related careers. In my personal opinion, any degree can be for entrepreneurs, and while the flexibility of this degree appeals to them, I wouldn't say it's a degree that attracts entrepreneurs more than any other degree.

I hope you find this useful.

WildestDreams

HSC
Hi, I hope you don't mind me asking this question.
Is it possible to transfer into this course, say if you are doing commerce only or finance? The ATAR is quite high, I would like to do this course, but I don't think I'll get the ATAR. Is it easy to transfer?

sida1049

HSC
Hi, I hope you don't mind me asking this question.
Is it possible to transfer into this course, say if you are doing commerce only or finance? The ATAR is quite high, I would like to do this course, but I don't think I'll get the ATAR. Is it easy to transfer?
I actually have no idea regarding transferring into B. Commerce (Liberal Studies). I recommend emailing USYD about it; the business school's contacts are here, but you are free to email other bodies of USYD (or lodge a formal inquiry).

It's perhaps easier to look at law as an analogy: I believe the WAM (weighted average mark) requirement to transfer into USYD law internally is at least 75+, and 80+ is considered to be competitive. And since law is harder to get into than Liberal Studies, the latter can't be that bad, right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)