Commerce Job Prospects that arent accounting (1 Viewer)

boredofhsc12

HSC
Hey i've been interested in commerce as there are many different majors but can anyone tell me what are some rewarding$$ careers that have some sort of progressive nature i.e. increasing responsibilities and $$$$$$

c_h_eese

HSC
From what I've heard from mates and family (like 95%+ of my family is in banking/business) they tell me that it pays very well and there are heaps of opportunities. Even though there are so many commerce students, there are just as many jobs.

In terms job prospects, you can go into investment banking (gotta be really smart), join one of the big 4 banks, become a broker, etc.

I highly suggest doing commerce/business, especially if you've been interested in doing it for a while.

Last edited:

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
Information systems is usually offered under commerce. Plenty of jobs in the IT world that aren't necessarily roles like programmers. Business Analysts and Project Managers are good examples. Business skills but some technical knowledge goes a long way.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Information systems is usually offered under commerce. Plenty of jobs in the IT world that aren't necessarily roles like programmers. Business Analysts and Project Managers are good examples. Business skills but some technical knowledge goes a long way.
Agreed, there's a lot of infosys related roles out there, and with the increased focus on things like cybersecurity and technology risk management, there's more and more opportunities in these diverse fields. With no formal degree in this area historically (AFAIK), most people end up in these areas based on other experiences which are relevant such as IT audit,r project management, programming, etc...

RDX

one8seven
HSC
Uni Grad
Lots of my friends ended up crossing over with business analyst roles with some information systems knowledge along with their Commerce degree. It's a healthy combination that steps out of the typical finance and accounting roles so many commerce graduates end up in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)