Is a 6 figure salary possible with a CS or SE degree? (1 Viewer)

turntaker

HSC
^
I know it is wrong to do it for the money. But it would be good to know how much you can get paid by doing the thing you like.

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
yes of course. I hope to do it ;)

but CS and SE is opening up a lot and booming so I see it as a possibility

astroman

HSC
yes all engo's field have 6 figure salaries after a few years of employment, especially since computer related degrees will be in high demand in the near future

turntaker

HSC
yes all engo's field have 6 figure salaries after a few years of employment, especially since computer related degrees will be in high demand in the near future
true.. Well. I better finish my android game and learn java

turntaker

HSC
Why does UNSW teach C instead of Java.. o.o

C is so useless

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
^
I know it is wrong to do it for the money. But it would be good to know how much you can get paid by doing the thing you like.
You do realise it is possible to get a 6 figure salary with any degree right?

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
You do realise it is possible to get a 6 figure salary with any degree right?
pretty much this

but I think OP is worried more about the employment prospects where it is very competitive

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
What about arts degree
Definitely. I think a few current CEOs have arts degrees. No matter what industry you get into, it is possible to achieve a 6 figure salary. It's just about getting to the right companies with the right opportunities.

When it comes to getting promotions for a 6 figure salary your degree doesn't really mean anything. It's about how well you do your job. Your degree only helps you get a job in the first place.

turntaker

HSC
yes.

what is the point of this thread? do you just want to argue?
HAHA... so mad
Definitely. I think a few current CEOs have arts degrees. No matter what industry you get into, it is possible to achieve a 6 figure salary. It's just about getting to the right companies with the right opportunities.

When it comes to getting promotions for a 6 figure salary your degree doesn't really mean anything. It's about how well you do your job. Your degree only helps you get a job in the first place.
This is very true indeed.

But if you take the average pay of each degree, they are not all 6 figure.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
HAHA... so mad

This is very true indeed.

But if you take the average pay of each degree, they are not all 6 figure.
I don't think the average pay of ANY degree is 6 figure lol (except maybe Med?).

turntaker

HSC
I ain't even mad

the key word is "average"
Yes, it is "possible" for anyone to get 6 figure salary. But for example, take an arts degree graduate, how many of them become CEOs and make 6figures,, probably only 1% where 99% get much less which drags down the average. I dont wanna draw a box and whisker plot but I hope you understand what I mean xD

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Yes, it is "possible" for anyone to get 6 figure salary. But for example, take an arts degree graduate, how many of them become CEOs and make 6figures,, probably only 1% where 99% get much less which drags down the average. I dont wanna draw a box and whisker plot but I hope you understand what I mean xD
Well your original thread name is "Is a 6 figure salary possible with a CS or SE degree?"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)