IT vs CS for jobs? (1 Viewer)

hsc3hard5me

HSC
Which degree would be more attractive and in demand when seeking full-time jobs

hsc3hard5me

HSC
I just searched up cs at UNSW and it said Maths ext 1 is assumed knowledge and 4unit is advantageous, I only do ext 1, will I be struggling or disadvantaged? I didn't know cs was this maths based

astroman

HSC
I just searched up cs at UNSW and it said Maths ext 1 is assumed knowledge and 4unit is advantageous, I only do ext 1, will I be struggling or disadvantaged? I didn't know cs was this maths based
disadvantaged but can manage

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
cs is very maths based. 3/8 courses you do in 1st year are maths.

nah you will learn it

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
is difficulty same across unis like uts and unsw?
not sure because I haven't done anything at UTS but I did MATH1141 and am doing MATH1241 now and most of it is 2/3/4U maths plus some extra stuff like ODE's and matrices and some other stuff

rahulasingh

HSC
Am i screwed if i want to do CS and only did general math and did average? (band5~)

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
If you did anything below 2u maths then you will struggle in Cs. At the very least you should have done 2u and if you did then you can easily catch up /keep up. I was a 2u student and am doing discrete maths this sem and am not finding it particularly hard apart from a section of 1 topic which would be a lot more easier if you did mx1, but you can work a little extra hard to make up for it.

Tl;dr: if you did 2u you will be fine

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)