IT/InfoSystems graduates: Where are you now? (1 Viewer)

Capo

HSC
IT/IS graduates, what are you doing now and how long did it take you to find your first IT role?

I've heard from a number of my friends that graduated with a UNSW Information Systems degree that they're really struggling to find a job in the IT industry and are forced to work in catering/other roles. How hard is it to find a job in IT with a UNSW Information Systems degree?

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
IT/IS graduates, what are you doing now and how long did it take you to find your first IT role?

I've heard from a number of my friends that graduated with a UNSW Information Systems degree that they're really struggling to find a job in the IT industry and are forced to work in catering/other roles. How hard is it to find a job in IT with a UNSW Information Systems degree?
All my info sys friends above me have jobs at big4 acct firms, big4 banks, consulting firms.

I have a big 4 acct job myself as a BA

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Info sys is where all the jobs are right now. Companies increasing their intake more and more each yr

Capo

HSC
All my info sys friends above me have jobs at big4 acct firms, big4 banks, consulting firms.

I have a big 4 acct job myself as a BA
Really? What was your final WAM and how much work experience have you had prior to getting the job, if you dont mind me asking

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Really? What was your final WAM and how much work experience have you had prior to getting the job, if you dont mind me asking
Ive got 3yrs left till I get a graduate job

Wam is scraping a D. Worked 2 retail jobs. 4 exec roles in societies. 2 subcoms.

Dr.Dan

HSC
@op

I'm working a dual Accounting and I.T role in M&A Consulting for EY now, formerly working in risk and assurance (2 divisions)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)