Information Systems or Data Analytics (1 Viewer)

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
I am not sure if this is the right thread but in terms of high jobs opportunities which is better IS or Data Analytics.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Re: IT/InfoSystems graduates: Where are you now?

I am not sure if this is the right thread but in terms of high jobs opportunities which is better IS or Data Analytics.
They are totally different, both in terms of skill sets and opportunities.

I believe Data Analytics is growing a lot. If you are strong at and enjoy both maths and the technical side, I'd suggest the Data Analytics route - simply because I believe it's a more unique skill set and also in demand in other technical areas.

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
Re: IT/InfoSystems graduates: Where are you now?

They are totally different, both in terms of skill sets and opportunities.

I believe Data Analytics is growing a lot. If you are strong at and enjoy both maths and the technical side, I'd suggest the Data Analytics route - simply because I believe it's a more unique skill set and also in demand in other technical areas.
Is it true that IS can lead to Project Management roles ? if so what are the progression opportunities available for Data Analytic beside becoming Senior Data Analyst.

I think I would make a decision when I do the core database subject since I already did the IS subject which I actually enjoy.But I do have a keen interest in Analytics since it can compliments my finance degree very well (Financial Market Analyst or something similar). In the summer I did try a bit SQL it was interesting but a bit complicated (programming isn't really my forte).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)