Pharmaceutical Science (1 Viewer)

Ssj(0.0)Vivi

HSC
Iam really interested in this new course.... anyone have any idea about it ???

Industrious

HSC
I did a bit of reasearch on this course, you'll be working at the laboratory for government companies most of the time. More job opportunities available if you apply for the new engineering(chem)/pharmaceutical science double degree. Don't think you can get into Bachelor of Pharmacy through this degree nor can you be allowed to work as a pharmacist even though Monash does allow you to study Master of Pharmacy if you get high grades in this subject. Do it if you are really interested in chemistry and enjoy doing research at labroratories.

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
mmm I asked my careers advisor ..
i duno if its the same @monash , but apparently @griffith you`ll need to complete a masters of pharmaceutical science to be considered as a pharmacist.

duno how that works .. but thats what she told me :)

siihieng

HSC
I applied for BPharmSc. But my MUFY result wasn't that good. So I apply Bachelor of Science. Can I transfer to PharmSc after I finish my 1st year of BSc?

sev90

HSC
that mite be like that in monash -- onli lab work .. but in RMIT it is rather different

It focuses in all aspects of the pharmaceutical industry.

drug design & development
human clinical trials
regulatory affairs
hospitals

mrbsting

HSC
From memory Griffith University offered the same course BPharmSc, and on completion you gain automatic entry into the MPharm (Master of Pharmacy) which costs I think $40,000 over two years, and it's not a CSP course, so you'll have to dig into your pockets or apply for DFEE.

studybudy

HSC
Hi,
Just like to give you a little info on the course as I have just completed the Monash BPharmSci.
It's very similar to pharmacy in the 1st year in that all but one of your subjects are practically the same, just under different unit codes. In fact my first year we actually sat with the pharmacy students during lectures.
Second and Third years are much different however, with the option to major in formulation chemistry or medicinal chemistry. Formulation - making tablets, formulating food suppliments etc. Med Chem - designing new drugs, working with chemicals and manipulating structures

It's a great course, but bare in mind that the resulting job is laboratory work, either QA, QC, RnD etc... so do it if you like working in the lab.

Hope that helps

HSC
Is this course still available at Griffith University?
(or somewhere else?)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)