1.1 below clearly-in, what are my chances? (1 Viewer)

89.35=fail

HSC
I got 89.35 for my vce ENTER, what do ppl think my chances are of getting into B Commerce at Monash where the clearly-in ENTER is 90.45? (fringe is 88.75 for 1st round offers)

dood09

Frontier Psychiatrist ☻
HSC
N/A
bonus points?

otherwise your chances are 0

57o1i

Premium Member
HSC
Bonus points, later round offers or a transfer later?

You might have a shot ... good luck :).

sunflower100

HSC
i'm facing the same dilemma. but i'm thinking a safe bet would be for me to put down B Accounting. if you don't want to risk not getting in, why don't you go for a similar course (to Commerce) and work hard so that you are eligible for a transfer after the first year?

SilentSymphony

HSC
I'm .3 under what I need, but I get bonus points for middleband because I did Lit and International studies in year 12. So my enter for it wil be 88.7 so I think I'll get in.

Ali -

HSC
N/A
As we all know, ENTER cut-offs vary according to demand/supply. With that said, in the last three years the lowest cut-off for Bach Comm at Monash was 90.15.

Even if you miss out, how about BBus(Acc)/BBus(B&F) or similar at the Caulfield campus? You can always apply to transfer after 1st year if you achieve a good average e.g. over 70 WAM.

just1of4

Professional HYD lover
HSC
haha well tis a bit late because i suppose by now you'll already have found out what you got into because offers were a while ago. i would've said not to give up hope because fringe mean 5% i think of all offers in the first round were made below that enter. clearly -in is clearly-in: it does not automatically disqualify you if you got just below. and i think 1.1 is a good margin.
for me i was always optimistic. look at the data figures for media comm at melb from last year- the clearly in was like 98 or something ridiculous, and the % of offers below the clearly-in score was listed as more the 50% of the people who applied. don't quote me on these though, its what i remember of the top of my head from study the vtac guide this year.
i filled in all 12 prefs, got my enter score and was only sure i would get into my 5th pref (melb science) cos i was optimistic. and from a 87 enter I got into biomed sci first round (which from memory was like a clearly-in of 91+). I was expecting 2nd or 3rd round maybe but not 1st! mucked up my plans because i was overseas at the time and at melb you can enrol online but monash u have to use a proxy :( but i got 5 prefs up my list so i'm not complaining.
i know 1.1 seems like a lot because of clearly-in, but i said to myself- fringe is like the score at which 95% of offers are made above(hehe i was like 2 whole enter scores of my courses fringe from last year) - why shouldn't i be one of those lucky people who get in not having the clearly-in score? the chances of getting in with an enter 1.1 rankings below the clearly in aren't that bad if you think about it. if not, you DEFINATELY have a chance 2nd or 3rd round

just1of4

Professional HYD lover
HSC
plus, i've heard transfers are pretty hard

bregitta

Red is for Rad
HSC
I was .55 below the clearly-in, and although the wait for results was painful, I did get in due to low demand :)

How did you go?

oLii

HSC
To put it frankly.. you're in. Seriously.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)