Medicine @ Monash (1 Viewer)

mupy

HSC
I'm from sydney but i've decided recently i might apply for medicine at monash on a whim. I did sit the UMAT although most of my nsw preferences are for commerce & law degrees.

Anyway, I hear medicine is pretty highly regarded there..does anyone know what approximate ATAR cut off marks are?? I understand it takes into account UMAT and interview, but is there a roundabout cut off mark?

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
the cutoff last year was 93rd percentile for an interview. they do not release how they weigh the interview and ATAR so nobody can give you a definitive answer. however, it is thought that the UMAT and interview account for a large portion compared to ATAR. the most important thing is ur UMAT. if you dont make it past their cutoff, even getting 99.95 wont save u.

lizajane91

HSC
other than the uac application is there any other special application forms needed for monash... like townsville and UNSW?

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
err what? u dont apply to monash thru uac. its VTAC. but no there arent any additional forms.

lizajane91

HSC
oh yeah i meant vtac..uac is habit i suppose haha...i was looking at the monash website and it had something about the deans rural list but i couldnt find a link to an application...im a rural student from nsw could this apply to me?

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
i guess so. i have no idea about the whole rural scheme or the ERC cuz im a city slicker. these questions are best answered by the faculty if you give them a call. you spend 20 mins and have all ur questions answered.

Charity F

póg mo thóin
HSC
N/A
I'm from sydney but i've decided recently i might apply for medicine at monash on a whim. I did sit the UMAT although most of my nsw preferences are for commerce & law degrees.
that's a bit odd - you'd have a greater chance of getting an offer from a nsw uni, rather than interstate, and seeing as monash is the only undergrad program in victoria, you've got a lot of competition

other than the uac application is there any other special application forms needed for monash... like townsville and UNSW?
i vaguely remember doing some sort of online form for for monash, not quite sure whether that was related to the uni or vtac. and i don't think it was too important anyhow, or compulsory for that matter. i wouldn't worry, i had a squiz around the site now and couldn't find anything

i guess so. i have no idea about the whole rural scheme or the ERC cuz im a city slicker. these questions are best answered by the faculty if you give them a call. you spend 20 mins and have all ur questions answered.
pretty much.

http://www.med.monash.edu.au/medical/northernvic/

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)