Enrolment Arts/Law (1 Viewer)

ngu0010

HSC
hi just wondering if there was anyone out there also doing arts/law at Monash this year. I had a few questions regarding enrolment procedures.

is everyone out there unable to obtain their units confirmation from the WES because it has to be "approved by the faculty"? does that mean we just go to enrolment day with our VTAC letter and ID and not this confirmation number?

also what's the go with our arts subjects, like when do we get to choose them and such? and how many do we do per semester? the units currently on WES are only my law ones... :confused: ahh please help, i'm so clueless about something I've been chasing for two years!

Zinko

HSC
N/A
I am in the same boat, though I have not even heard of this "confirmation number". From my understanding, we should turn up with our Student ID number, the other 2 transaction numbers (one starts with Q, the other something else), and VTAC letter. To confirm, we must also attend the arts pre-enrolment session tomorrow (Thursday) and Double Degree session. Correct? And then the Law session on the 28th.

iamnerd

HSC
Hi im enrolling in a commerce/law degree and have a similar confusion too! just wondering if u guys have the law info session on 28th 3.00-5.00 as well? coz thats what my letter says and my enrolment is on the same day 1.30-3.00. I was under the impression that the info session was supposed to be b4 enrolment o.o

Gmac_0

HSC
I'm also a bit confused about enrolment, though I'm doing a different double degree in Arts/Management, though the WES thing should be pretty similar. I have only set up one semester full of units, and I wasn't exactly sure how many units to put in lol. I have 2 from Arts (Behavioural Science+Film) and 2 from Management (Management+Marketing) though really I have no idea if this is correct or not, whether I've selected units that I can select, whether there is anything that I've missed or stuff like that. I just think the instructions were rather vague. When I got to the enrol day nothing went wrong but I just feel like I might've stuffed some shit up. I dunno about the law guys, but the way I figured it was this:

Under my degree its 192 points over 4yrs (96 in business, 96 in arts)

96/4 = 24 points a year, per subject

24/2 = 12 points a semester, per subject

Since I have to do 24 points in a semester then, I chose 4 subjects, all of which are 6pts each. Is this all correct? I don't know, lol.

Baiku

Coolest Member
HSC
Hi Gmac,

If you're still wondering, ordinary Monash units are worth 6 credit points.

If your degree requires 192 credit points, you will need to do 32 units, which is 4 years at 4 subjects per semester (like you said).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)