Thread: Has anyone transferred from Business(Accounting) Caulfield to Accounting in Clayton?

Cadet
    HSC

Has anyone transferred from Business(Accounting) Caulfield to Accounting in Clayton?

Yo, i'm currently in VCE and not doing Method (which i DEEPLY regret). I'm just curious about whether should i take Accounting in other Unis or go into the Business (Accounting) course in Caulfield and then transfer to the Accounting course in clayton.

HSC

Re: Has anyone transferred from Business(Accounting) Caulfield to Accounting in Clayt

I'm currently Arts/Business @ Monash Caulfield, haven't done my accounting+finance unit yet (dreading it, actually), but I would not think there would be too much difference. Clayton has Commerce, Caulfield has business. What is the difference? Essentially commerce is more mathematical, more of a focus on economics, though of course Business still has it, its the faculty of 'Business and Economics' rather than Commerce. Business is widely known as the best faculty @ Caulfield, Marketing is especially popular (largest student organisation) and is thought of as a lot better than it is at Clayton, and I've also heard the same for management and accounting. If you did accounting at Caulfield then I don't think it would be very hard to transfer out to Clayton, the necessary average can probably be checked online through something like the monash accounting faculty site. Accounting through Melb commerce is also an option, though I think the ENTER there is more like 95 than in the 80's, also I'd consider RMIT.

HSC

Re: Has anyone transferred from Business(Accounting) Caulfield to Accounting in Clayt

It all really depends on your scores etc, but I think an internal transfer would be a lot easier than going through the hassle of changing university entirely! They can check your grades (don't have to pay for an official transcript) and can even have your subjects used as credit for the future course.
    Bachelor of @ Monash

Thread Information