Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 54

Thread: Help needed choosing universities!

  1. #26
    U MAD?? Dr_Fresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Location
    Adrenal Cortex
    Posts
    1,536
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Help needed choosing universities!

    Quote Originally Posted by KatherinePierce View Post
    :S
    I just looked this up.
    I could do this? and then do the GAMSAT?
    http://www.med.monash.edu.au/medical...c/bmedsci.html
    Monash lets ya do that right?
    With GAMSAT?
    :S
    that is something u do for 1 year after u get into the medical course to gain experience in med research. it is not an undergrad course by itself.

    HMO II

  2. #27
    KatherinePierce's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    718
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: Help needed choosing universities!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Fresh View Post
    that is something u do for 1 year after u get into the medical course to gain experience in med research. it is not an undergrad course by itself.
    ~_~
    http://www.med.monash.edu.au/ugrad/
    Those BioMed Sciences?
    This?
    http://www.med.monash.edu.au/biomed/

    By the way, thanks for helping~


  3. #28
    U MAD?? Dr_Fresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Location
    Adrenal Cortex
    Posts
    1,536
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Help needed choosing universities!

    Quote Originally Posted by KatherinePierce View Post
    ~_~
    http://www.med.monash.edu.au/ugrad/
    Those BioMed Sciences?
    This?
    http://www.med.monash.edu.au/biomed/

    By the way, thanks for helping~
    yes. pretty much. but remember u dont have to do a biomed degree and u dont have to do it at monash, u can any degree at any university basically.

    but it is recommended u do something related to health science since gamsat has a lot of 1st year uni bio and year 12 physics/chem.

    HMO II

  4. #29
    KatherinePierce's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    718
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: Help needed choosing universities!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Fresh View Post
    yes. pretty much. but remember u dont have to do a biomed degree and u dont have to do it at monash, u can any degree at any university basically.

    but it is recommended u do something related to health science since gamsat has a lot of 1st year uni bio and year 12 physics/chem.
    I'd rather do it at Monash and I want to do something related to Health Science. BioMed is sufficient for that, yes/no?
    Yeah, I've heard, haha. Physics is painful. :/


  5. #30
    U MAD?? Dr_Fresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Location
    Adrenal Cortex
    Posts
    1,536
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Help needed choosing universities!

    Quote Originally Posted by KatherinePierce View Post
    I'd rather do it at Monash and I want to do something related to Health Science. BioMed is sufficient for that, yes/no?
    Yeah, I've heard, haha. Physics is painful. :/
    yes biomed/b medsci are the best courses possible as a pre-med course.

    HMO II

  6. #31
    KatherinePierce's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    718
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: Help needed choosing universities!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Fresh View Post
    yes biomed/b medsci are the best courses possible as a pre-med course.
    Okay, now I have the fallback plan of sorts.
    I need to get the cut-offs and such now.
    Thank you really~


  7. #32
    RDX
    RDX is offline
    one8seven RDX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    HSC
    2008
    Uni Grad
    2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    1,097
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Help needed choosing universities!

    BBiomed at Unimelb has a really high cutoff something like 98.45!



    2007 - 2008 | Victorian Certificate of Education | 99.00
    2009 - 2011 | Bachelor of Commerce | The University of Melbourne
    2012 - 2014| Graduate Diploma of Chartered Accounting | Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia

  8. #33
    KatherinePierce's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    718
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: Help needed choosing universities!

    Quote Originally Posted by RDX View Post
    BBiomed at Unimelb has a really high cutoff something like 98.45!
    Gah, okay. D:
    Ah well, working towards it~


  9. #34
    U MAD?? Dr_Fresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Location
    Adrenal Cortex
    Posts
    1,536
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Help needed choosing universities!

    Quote Originally Posted by KatherinePierce View Post
    Gah, okay. D:
    Ah well, working towards it~
    a b biomed/b medsci at any uni is fine if u dont get into umelb.

    HMO II

  10. #35
    KatherinePierce's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    718
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: Help needed choosing universities!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Fresh View Post
    a b biomed/b medsci at any uni is fine if u dont get into umelb.
    Monash is my first preference~


  11. #36
    U MAD?? Dr_Fresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Location
    Adrenal Cortex
    Posts
    1,536
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Help needed choosing universities!

    Quote Originally Posted by KatherinePierce View Post
    Monash is my first preference~
    k when u get in, i will take u out for dinner at an expensive restruant. pm me

    HMO II

  12. #37
    KatherinePierce's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    718
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: Help needed choosing universities!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Fresh View Post
    k when u get in, i will take u out for dinner at an expensive restruant. pm me
    Might as well answer here too.
    Sure.
    Not certain if you're srs or not.
    Tbh, I have no interest in expensive restaurants, haha.


  13. #38
    Honourary Azn aznboystar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    HSC
    2014
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Milky Way
    Posts
    61
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Help needed choosing universities!

    He really knows what he's talking about. I am looking to compile all of his posts into a guide or something so everyone who wants to do Medicine can read it and he won't have to answer the same questions all the time.
    rice rice baby
    AZN 5 LYF


  14. #39
    Kendrick Lamar Omnipotence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    HSC
    2011
    Uni Grad
    2016
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    5,340
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Help needed choosing universities!

    Check MSO's wiki for guides.
    BCom (Accounting) / LLB @ UNSW

  15. #40
    U MAD?? Dr_Fresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Location
    Adrenal Cortex
    Posts
    1,536
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Help needed choosing universities!

    Quote Originally Posted by Omnipotence View Post
    Check MSO's wiki for guides.
    i wrote half of those back in the day. the entry requirements have completely changed though so they took a lot of them down

    HMO II

  16. #41
    Retired Sept '14 LoveHateSchool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    HSC
    2012
    Uni Grad
    2016
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    The Fires of Mordor
    Posts
    5,170
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Help needed choosing universities!

    I'm so happy I can get into Bachelor of Biomed with 95+ for being a KLD-it's prob the only way I'd get into Med if I so chose. (Doing GAMSAT to get in post grad). Though I'd prob sit the UMAT and that just in case.

    Still not sure whether to gun for medicine or go into science research type job.
    Ex-mod dawg- Nov '12-Sept '14

  17. #42
    U MAD?? Dr_Fresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Location
    Adrenal Cortex
    Posts
    1,536
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Help needed choosing universities!

    just thought about this. nursing is probably a much better pre med course. teaches you all the practical skills and lets u experience what it feels like to interact with patients and perform procedures that u have to do as a junior med student/junior doctor. biomed comes a close second.

    HMO II

  18. #43
    KatherinePierce's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    718
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: Help needed choosing universities!

    Fresh I was going to ask you this before but forgot, what's the cutoff for biomed/b medsci at Monash?

    Plus I don't know about Nursing.. I prefer the above ones.


  19. #44
    U MAD?? Dr_Fresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Location
    Adrenal Cortex
    Posts
    1,536
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Help needed choosing universities!

    Quote Originally Posted by KatherinePierce View Post
    Fresh I was going to ask you this before but forgot, what's the cutoff for biomed/b medsci at Monash?

    Plus I don't know about Nursing.. I prefer the above ones.
    no idea lol. never really even looked into biomed or medsci. im sure u can find the cutoffs online somehwere tho.

    HMO II

  20. #45
    KatherinePierce's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    718
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: Help needed choosing universities!

    Doing preferences now. Which one am I choosing again? ><



  21. #46
    U MAD?? Dr_Fresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Location
    Adrenal Cortex
    Posts
    1,536
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Help needed choosing universities!

    Quote Originally Posted by KatherinePierce View Post
    Doing preferences now. Which one am I choosing again? ><

    biomedical science. dont combine it else you will be doing 4 years instead of 3. its all in clayton anyway. also dont forget to apply for accommodation ASAP else you will need to find a house to share.

    HMO II

  22. #47
    KatherinePierce's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    718
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: Help needed choosing universities!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Fresh View Post
    biomedical science. dont combine it else you will be doing 4 years instead of 3. its all in clayton anyway. also dont forget to apply for accommodation ASAP else you will need to find a house to share.
    I'm staying at my uncle's. Except I'm not sure about transport and shiz.


  23. #48
    U MAD?? Dr_Fresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Location
    Adrenal Cortex
    Posts
    1,536
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Help needed choosing universities!

    Quote Originally Posted by KatherinePierce View Post
    I'm staying at my uncle's. Except I'm not sure about transport and shiz.
    transport shouldnt be a problem unless he lives in woop woop. dw, you will enjoy uni life, i can guarantee it.

    HMO II

  24. #49
    KatherinePierce's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    718
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: Help needed choosing universities!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Fresh View Post
    transport shouldnt be a problem unless he lives in woop woop. dw, you will enjoy uni life, i can guarantee it.
    Haha, what is 'woop woop'? :P
    I hope so!


  25. #50
    U MAD?? Dr_Fresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Location
    Adrenal Cortex
    Posts
    1,536
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Help needed choosing universities!

    Quote Originally Posted by KatherinePierce View Post
    Haha, what is 'woop woop'? :P
    I hope so!
    just google it. if u do biomed, you will be in clayton (south east). if your uncle lives like on the other side (west), its going to be a pretty big trek if you dont have a car. otherwise its usually doable.

    HMO II

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •