Hello! (1 Viewer)

inasero

Reborn
HSC
Wowee we have our very own forum now! Any monashites here?
Me name is Wilson...studying second year medicine full time at Clayton campus :D

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
monaSHITes?..

........anyways......I'v heard lots of good stuff about monash. Which area is it best at?

bluesky100

Carly :-)
HSC
You mean area of discipline (?) - e.g Medicine, Arts, Eduction that kind of stuff.
If so, I'm not really sure. Maybe Medicine, Nursing & Health Sciences (and I'm not being biased) . :p

The uni does have a lot of health related courses across the various campuses, possible more than any other Vic uni (I think) - med, ambulance/paramedic studies, midwifery, nursing, nursing/rural health practice, biomedical science, nutrition and dietetics, psychology, behavioural neuroscience … :confused:

Epiphany

spunkrat
HSC
I have my little heart set on going to Monash (clayton) next year. That is all.

latania

HSC
hey all! I'm applying to Monash Medicine for entry next year too...*sigh* it's either UNSW Med, UniMelb Med or Monash Med..or no medicine...
My goal is to manage to get an interview for Monash Med so it keeps my options open...

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
latania said:
hey all! I'm applying to Monash Medicine for entry next year too...*sigh* it's either UNSW Med, UniMelb Med or Monash Med..or no medicine...
My goal is to manage to get an interview for Monash Med so it keeps my options open...
What happened to Newcastle? It's like half an hour past Sydney when flying and better than Monash. :p

inasero

Reborn
HSC
lol we'll have no debate about which uni is good and bad here!
UWA sux...u dont see me bagging it out!!

hehe jkjk :p

kenxz

HSC
N/A
medicine @ monash

hi guys,

as there are a couple of monash medics here,
would like to ask a couple of questions about medicine at monash.

1) how is the PBL in Monash, do you guys feel that PBL has established a strong scientific foundation that is required in the profession?

2) with monash malaysia up, does the MBBS from monash become kinda common, with so many people having the degree.

3) lastly, do u guys remember much about your interviews? any advice? i am having it in a couple of weeks.

thanks.

Cziffra

HSC
N/A
Hi Kenxz,

You're having your interview in a few weeks? Are you an international student?

kenxz said:
hi guys,

as there are a couple of monash medics here,
would like to ask a couple of questions about medicine at monash.

1) how is the PBL in Monash, do you guys feel that PBL has established a strong scientific foundation that is required in the profession?

2) with monash malaysia up, does the MBBS from monash become kinda common, with so many people having the degree.

3) lastly, do u guys remember much about your interviews? any advice? i am having it in a couple of weeks.

thanks.

nit

HSC
Hmm, I can't remember all that much about the Monash interviews, but there was a section based on simplifying a scientific term to simulate communication with not-so-medically-orientated patients. The word I received was "condensation" if I remember correctly.

Then there was a section in which we had to discuss a medical/societal issue. I had to talk about mental illness.

There was also a part where they read out a story, asked us to summarise the major points of that story, identify the issues present and to discuss a few of those with them. The story I received was some Bend it like Beckam-esque soccer story.

The interviewers also ask generic questions about who you are and why you desire a seat in Medicine, that sort of thing. It's not a particularly long, gruelling interview, and the interviewers can be nice and jocular. There are 3 of them - one a doctor from the wider community, one a Monash graduate(?), and one a member of the community.

Epiphany

spunkrat
HSC
How's the engineering course at Monash? That's at the top of the list atm.

Cziffra

HSC
N/A
Hi Nit,

Did you get asked any questions on ethics? or current issues (medical or just general?)

Thanks.

Spiral

HSC
nit said:
Hmm, I can't remember all that much about the Monash interviews, but there was a section based on simplifying a scientific term to simulate communication with not-so-medically-orientated patients. The word I received was "condensation" if I remember correctly.

Then there was a section in which we had to discuss a medical/societal issue. I had to talk about mental illness.

There was also a part where they read out a story, asked us to summarise the major points of that story, identify the issues present and to discuss a few of those with them. The story I received was some Bend it like Beckam-esque soccer story.

The interviewers also ask generic questions about who you are and why you desire a seat in Medicine, that sort of thing. It's not a particularly long, gruelling interview, and the interviewers can be nice and jocular. There are 3 of them - one a doctor from the wider community, one a Monash graduate(?), and one a member of the community.
Was this an UNDERGRADUATE interview?

kenxz

HSC
N/A
HI,

May I know if anyone here living in hostels in clayton?

I am an int commencing medical studies next year....confused over whether to stay in hostel or monash green, quite concerned over the amount of privacy in the halls of residence.

wondering if anyone can advise?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)