So.. What about the New Generation bachelor degrees? (1 Viewer)

__moonriver

HSC
I've just finished high school in Sydney and I'm thinking of moving to Melbourne in a year (after deferring) to study at Melbourne University. The main concern I have is that Melbourne abolished all its combined undergraduate degrees while USyd still offers them. Is Melbourne's method of education really beneficial? Is the purpose of abolishing combined degrees to make the New Generation degrees broader or more specific?

addikaye03

The A-Team
HSC
I've just finished high school in Sydney and I'm thinking of moving to Melbourne in a year (after deferring) to study at Melbourne University. The main concern I have is that Melbourne abolished all its combined undergraduate degrees while USyd still offers them. Is Melbourne's method of education really beneficial? Is the purpose of abolishing combined degrees to make the New Generation degrees broader or more specific?
Broadening. What course are you looking at? I think it's a good system. Saying that though, i had the option of Melbourne Model (BScience--->MEngineering) or BEngineering (last intake). I took B Engineering. There is a copious amount of documents on the Uni of Melbourne site to do with the changes. I suggest looking over them for the best advice.

__moonriver

HSC
I've searched the Melbourne Uni website through and through about information on the new Melbourne Model. But I'd really like to hear more from students. I'm interested in the BArts.

addikaye03

The A-Team
HSC
I'll PM you a Bored Of Studies equivalent of VCE. It has a chatroom function. I always go on there and ask anything that i'm unsure of. Plenty study at UoM.

I would post a direct link but last time i got a massive warning and i got another one the other day so i think i'm on thin ice. Hopefully the mod doesn't find this as "Promotion".

philphie

Banned
HSC
I'll PM you a Bored Of Studies equivalent of VCE. It has a chatroom function. I always go on there and ask anything that i'm unsure of. Plenty study at UoM.

I would post a direct link but last time i got a massive warning and i got another one the other day so i think i'm on thin ice. Hopefully the mod doesn't find this as "Promotion".
could you pm me the link as well, i'm in a similar situation as the op, thanks.

moshi

HSC
N/A

I was banned for sending a link to this website via PM to someone a few months back, so be wary!

Ben1220

HSC
can you just give us its name? Thats not a link... then we can google it...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)