Med question for Melb. Uni?? (1 Viewer)

hayabusaboston

HSC
Hi I have little knowledge of uni I know but I was wondering is there like an MBBS thing for melb uni just like USyd? Like, Usyd has the 99.95 MBBS course for undergrads, but I cant seem to find an equivalent for melb uni. Could someone tell me if there is one like that? Or if not at melb uni is there some uni in melbourne that does do MBBS besides Monash? What ATAR requirement is there for Monash MBBS anyway?

sluu001

HSC
PROVIDED you pass the interviews.

Also bear in mind that melb requires you to completed several related health science subjects at undergrad level in order to proceed as well.

I recommend heading over to a t a r n o t e s - this forum caters more for nsw hsc school leavers. A lot more victorians use that forum - including several melb dds and md kids (plus a crap load of monash mbbs kids). So theyll be able to help you further.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
PROVIDED you pass the interviews.

Also bear in mind that melb requires you to completed several related health science subjects at undergrad level in order to proceed as well.

I recommend heading over to a t a r n o t e s - this forum caters more for nsw hsc school leavers. A lot more victorians use that forum - including several melb dds and md kids (plus a crap load of monash mbbs kids). So theyll be able to help you further.
It's pretty hard to fail an interview imo.

lawstu

HSC
It's pretty hard to fail an interview imo.
Yeah. If you get an interview as a high-school-leaver for these provisional programs, it's pretty much impossible to 'fail' the interview or fail to get a place in the course.
Or if not at melb uni is there some uni in melbourne that does do MBBS besides Monash?
Strictly speaking, Monash isn't in Melbourne. It is a suburb of Melbourne or the Greater Melbourne region.
What ATAR requirement is there for Monash MBBS anyway?
No published figure for the ATAR or UMAT scores, in large part because there's no constant and fixed criteria, and to publish it would be tantamount to giving prospectives false hope or understanding or even misleading information. There are some with unbelievably low ATARs in the Monash M.B.B.S., and there are those that miss out despite attaining 99.xx.

All I can offer you is that you should do your utmost to attain as high an ATAR - in the ballpark of 98.xx+, but don't quote me on that - and UMAT score as possible. With the cessation of intake for the Melbourne M.B.B.S. and the appeal of a good 5-year medical program at a good university with good teaching contacts, Monash's M.B.B.S. has, more than before, an even larger of high-quality candidates every year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)