> Roll With It
> Cast No Shadow
> She's Electric

<3

Old band, but good band.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
Dunno quite what you mean when you say "old band but good band" :rolleyes::lol::rolleyes:

Not too sure on their music, but the Gallagher bros are reeaaaall funny

Noel Gallagher said:
"If I were in the Beatles, I'd be a good George Harrison."

"This guy came up to me from some band and he said that 'Man, I'd hate to be you right now, no privacy at all' and I was thinking, 'Sure thing man, I have a fucking Rolls Royce, a million dollars in the bank, a fucking mansion and my own jet and you think you'd feel sorry for me? What are you? I'd hate to be you, broke as hell living in the dole.'"

"We are the biggest band in Britain of all time, ever. The funny thing is, that fucking mouthing off three years ago about how we were gonna be the biggest band in the world, we actually went and done it."

"With every song that I write, I compare it to the Beatles. The thing is, they only got there before me. If I'd been born at the same time as John Lennon, I'd have been up there."
What a riot :lol::lol::lol:

and my personal favourite:

Liam Gallagher on Thom Yorke said:
The ice age is not comming, you fucking miserable cunt

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
runtlocks said:
Dunno quite what you mean when you say "old band but good band" :rolleyes::lol::rolleyes:

Not too sure on their music, but the Gallagher bros are reeaaaall funny

What a riot :lol::lol::lol:

and my personal favourite:
they are up themselves...they are a good band but not great...

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
i saw them live about a year ago, maybe a bit more.
the worst band live ever
no stage presence.
boring as fuck.
said nothing to the crowd. i couldnt get over how up themselves they were.
never again

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
What's The Story Morning Glory is a pretty good album, and the new one is okay, but they aren't the best.

Saw them live and I was fairly disappointed, I have to say.

The huge egos don't help.

taco man

don't know don't care
HSC
Oasis are probably one of my fav bands altho i prefer most of their early britpop stuff. mostly because Liam's voice these days is pretty shit especially when u compare it with some his stuff in the early days.

Whats the Story (Morning Glory) is a pretty sweet album with some classic tracks. but imo i Definately Maybe gota be their best album.Its probably because ive gotten bored of wonderwall, don't look back in anger, champagne supernova, etc having heard them so many times before.

But yea did anyone see that Noel Gallagher solo not that long ago on Live at the Chapel? Seeing as he doesn't do the vocals in the band it was nice to see him sing and he didn't do that bad either :D

Last edited:

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
Fish Sauce said:
What's The Story Morning Glory is a pretty good album, and the new one is okay, but they aren't the best.

Saw them live and I was fairly disappointed, I have to say.

The huge egos don't help.
they are a shoegaze band just look at their feet haha

specky2009

HSC
I like all their stuff, they are my favourite band. Although they were best when they were younger. But then again, how can you top their first two albums definately maybe and whats the story morning glory. All these people are buying their newer albums and expecting more of morning glory but it's over, it's not coming back it's old.
If I had to pick my favourite album it would be Definately maybe. There's no tracks on that album that are a skip the song track. They are all brilliant.
About their egos, come on guys, how many other bands could have that ego and pull it off, they are fantastic. Yes they have said they were the best band in the world, but look at the facts. They don't follow every band, they are always talking about the bands in the top 40 and they were comparing themselves to the majority of british bands which were in the early 90's soooo shit it wasn't funny!
Plus, the egos just make them even more funnier and brilliant, the way Noel and Liam slag everyone else off is absolutely hilarious, especially Noel's repsonse to pop idol (look it up on youtube). Noel is most of the time correct anyway lol.
They are Gods! :)

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
i never said she or anyone like her had talent

doesnt mean oasis are anything amazing

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
omg lol
whats your name
where are you from
etc
i do like oasis just not as much as you lol i dont think any band can be held that much highly than others due to differing tastes and subjectivity

Teclis

The White Tower of Hoeth, Saphery, Ulthuan
HSC
lol....compared to the other shit around these days....they kinda are! Lady GaGa woohoo...cuz shes got talent! haha
Firstly... lady GaGa has even garnered respect from people in the metal community... THE hardest community to garner respect in. She writes her own music, LIVES her art, and her art is a parody of all things pop.

Secondly... Yea Oasis are good, but you're doing music 2 right? You need to expand your horizons beyond bad 90s, Beatle Copying rock. Porcupine Tree, Snow Patrol, TV on the Radio, The Middle East, Blue Foundation, Feist, Gomez, Khin Myint, Muse, Radiohead, The Raconteurs, Smashing Pumpkins, The Smiths, Something for Kate, Sufjan Stevens - have all produced amazing stuff in the last few years... and that's just a quick list off the top of my head, without even cycling through iTunes...

specky2009

HSC
Firstly... lady GaGa has even garnered respect from people in the metal community... THE hardest community to garner respect in. She writes her own music, LIVES her art, and her art is a parody of all things pop.

Secondly... Yea Oasis are good, but you're doing music 2 right? You need to expand your horizons beyond bad 90s, Beatle Copying rock. Porcupine Tree, Snow Patrol, TV on the Radio, The Middle East, Blue Foundation, Feist, Gomez, Khin Myint, Muse, Radiohead, The Raconteurs, Smashing Pumpkins, The Smiths, Something for Kate, Sufjan Stevens - have all produced amazing stuff in the last few years... and that's just a quick list off the top of my head, without even cycling through iTunes...
lol ... Lady GaGa is shit ... respect? More like....watch my boobs bob up and down as I dance on this pole, I don't call that talent. But I understand what your getting at, no offense meant by my comments lol.
And actually, I do listen to those bands. Muse, Radiohead, Smashing Pumpkins, The Smiths and Something for Kate are some of my favourite bands, in fact i'm listening to Radiohead (Ok Computer-Paranoid Android) as we speak.
Also, liking Oasis dosn't mean that I don't to a whole lot of other music...namely orchestral pieces, post-moderist stuff and arts music. I pretty much live that! Which is what Music 2 is actually based upon :)

Teclis

The White Tower of Hoeth, Saphery, Ulthuan
HSC
lol ... Lady GaGa is shit ... respect? More like....watch my boobs bob up and down as I dance on this pole, I don't call that talent. But I understand what your getting at, no offense meant by my comments lol.
And actually, I do listen to those bands. Muse, Radiohead, Smashing Pumpkins, The Smiths and Something for Kate are some of my favourite bands, in fact i'm listening to Radiohead (Ok Computer-Paranoid Android) as we speak.
Also, liking Oasis dosn't mean that I don't to a whole lot of other music...namely orchestral pieces, post-moderist stuff and arts music. I pretty much live that! Which is what Music 2 is actually based upon :)
She's a parody showing how ridiculous the pop world is...

Check out the other bands on the list if you like those bands. In Absentia, Fear of a Blank Planet and The Incident by Porcupine Tree are some of the most amazing albums you'll ever hear.

oasis is a very limited, very simplistic copy of the Beatles, I'm sorry... but their song structures, harmonies, lyrics... they've all been done before, and better.

occer

HSC
N/A
Oasis are average. They have had some great hits but on the whole they're not very original.

specky2009

HSC
lol that's for sure, i can't stand her!
Yeah, that list of bands was actually pretty good, I like all the ones I've actually listened to.
lol...simplistic copy of the Beatles, hardly. The Beatles are one of the influences of Oasis but personally I don't see the real resemblence. Song structure, you mean the average verse, chorus etc. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but everyone uses that lol.
And I think that from the decade they were prominent in, their lyrics, song structures and harmonies were ideal. They stood out to the generations of those times particularly in the British youths. They appealed to what everyone was thinking, which is why they were so popular.
You give birth to Noel and Liam Gallagher when John Lennon was born, and they would have indeed been up in the greats with him. And a lot more appreciated then they are now I've gotta say.
:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)