Splendour In The Grass 2009 Thread (1 Viewer)

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
Line-Up not out.

but let's get some hype and excitement going.

Strongest rumour right now:

The Flaming Lips

which is pretty much definite since they are doing a sideshow at hordern end of July.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
The Flaming Lips would be awesome. The line up was pretty good last year, so hopefully they can do the same again.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
i hope they line up isn't that good tbh

more time to hang out, chill out, walk around, enjoy the tipi forest, take it easy, have the best fucking time ever for the 3rd year in a row :D

your.knee

i'm lizzing
HSC
yes please
it's at yelgun this year isn't it? not sure how that situation is going atm with the environmentalists and stuff..

when is the first line up usually announced?

your.knee

i'm lizzing
HSC
Alright people, clear the diary and air out the gumboots: Splendour In The Grass has revealed where and when the party will be going down in 2009. Those rumours of a change in venue haven’t eventuated, with the festival returning to its hallowed stomping ground of Belongil Fields. The weekend it’s set to go down is Saturday 25 and Sunday 26 July. “Splendour hopes to be at its new home in 2010, the festival’s 10th anniversary,” the organisers have added.

The first line-up for 2009 is expected towards the end of April. In the meantime, you can busy yourself with speculating on which bands might be making the Splendour In The Grass trip. Then let the memories come flooding back with our ‘Best Of Splendour 2008’ gallery.

SPLENDOUR IN THE GRASS 2009 – proudly presented by FasterLouder

Belongil Fields, Byron Bay

Sat July 25th and Sun July 26th
Splendour In The Grass 2009 dates and venue announced on FasterLouder.com.au

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
uh thats gay, i would rather early august.

but i guess its win that its still in uni holidays

but now i can't go to both fuji rock and this. ill just stay in aus for this. if i get tickets. i better fucking get tickets. best festival ever.

anyway, ive had a feeling since the beginning of the year that sonic youth would play spldendour this year, maybe i will be right :shy:

we can rule out most of the bands at fuji rock since the dates clash.

out of summersonic though i would like the bolded to come:

SUMMER SONIC LINE-UP

Linkin Park / My Chemical Romance / Nine Inch Nails / The Specials / The Flaming Lips / Aphex Twin / CSS / The Enemy / Klaxons / Mogwai / Paramore / Placebo / Sonic Youth / Soulwax / Teenage Fanclub / Boys Like Girls / Cancer Bats / Datarock / Enter Shikari / Ghostland Observatory / Girl Talk / Hollywood Undead / Kid Sister / Kyte / Lady Gaga / Lenka / Little Boots / Mando Diao / Matisyahu / Metronomy / Mew / Mercury Rev / Mutemath / N.A.S.A / Red Light Company / Saosin / The Vaselines / VV Brown / Yuksek

gang gang dance are playing fuji rock i think, i would love for them to play splendour. hopefully they play first day of fuji rock then fly down here and play 2nd day of splendour.

flaming lips, as i said, are a sure shot anyway.

Last edited:

your.knee

i'm lizzing
HSC
hahaha true

but if sonic youth are on lineup, i will cry

Zrap

glock9
HSC
Justice
Marianne Faithfull
Royksopp
Aphex Twin
Animal Collective
FOALS (not looking promising)
Klaxons
Placebo
Soulwax
Sonic Youth
Friendly Fires (apparently CONFIRMED)

weeeee

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)