Girl's generation on David Letterman show + will they become bigger than the beatles? (1 Viewer)

Mikelseo

HSC
Uni Grad
I love snsd and it was amazing to see them on david letterman's show a couple of days ago. For those of you who missed out this is the video :)

I cannot hide my excitement that SNSD is finally being accepted into american music industry now despite the initial difficulty being accepted by the american audience. Not alot of asian singers, musicians do get the golden opportunity to appear on a very conservative american tv show like the letterman show. So I am just thinking, at this rate won't SNSD become a musical sensation in the US? they are already huge internationally now dominating the music market of the many south-east asian country and i guess this one of the very first achievements girl generation took in the road to success. I am not sure about you guys, but I am really confident that SNSD might become as great as and possibly even bigger than what the Beatles achieved. What is your opinion on this?

P.S Never knew why the beatles were so popular with their generic imitation of american rock and roll and rhythm and blues artists like the beach boys or Elvis Presley.But i guess since the beatles were this popular SNSD has as much chance to dominating the world music industry. Only problem i see SNSD facing is the language barrier between korean and english.

redyellowdragon

HSC
Re: Girl's generation on David Letterman show + will they become bigger than the beat

i cannot believe this....as soon as I saw this thread I straight away clicked on the registration button to tell this absolute fucking noob that the only reason girls generation is on david letterman is coz their record company probably served a tray full of US dollars to david letterman to have these pseudo-musicians on their show. I mean I am fed up with these untalented cosmetically beautified whores continuously appearing on chinese tv when i used to live back in Shanghai but they are now polluting american tv shows? the world's media must be run by fucking speds.

gorillaz

HSC
N/A
Re: Girl's generation on David Letterman show + will they become bigger than the beat

oh yeah so you think the whole world is going to be infected by k-pop????
go back to reality you dickhead, k-pop won't go far. As much as I think k-pop is decent but it will NEVAR be as good as other genres.

redyellowdragon

HSC

As far as I know Kpop attracts one of most unintelligent fans on this planet. for example China where I come from chinese kpop fans are amazingly stupid (in particular the girls who have absolutely no idea what real music is). It is amazing how much these moronic fans are generating a huge revenue for undeserving record companies like SM entertainment who uses the profit for creation even more abomination to music. No wonder geniune musicians always skip China for major world tours. Not only that kpop fans are the lowest when it comes to respect for other artists. Mind you, I was pretty apathetic about kpop until i met this stupid korean bitch (typical international students from korea) who keeps trashing american pop artists and how Kpop is soo much better than them. Mind you not all american pop singers are good but does it mean you have trash talk and glorifying your idol that no one really gives a flying fuck about?

Cl324

HSC
N/A

no.

cannot believe you just compared snsd favourably to the beatles. i hope you're trolling.

gorillaz

HSC
N/A

no.

cannot believe you just compared snsd favourably to the beatles. i hope you're trolling.
how da fuq can he do such a thing?
but i think mikelseo is a fine person. he should do what he wants to do
OP; ignore him

gorillaz

HSC
N/A

As far as I know Kpop attracts one of most unintelligent fans on this planet. for example China where I come from chinese kpop fans are amazingly stupid (in particular the girls who have absolutely no idea what real music is). It is amazing how much these moronic fans are generating a huge revenue for undeserving record companies like SM entertainment who uses the profit for creation even more abomination to music. No wonder geniune musicians always skip China for major world tours. Not only that kpop fans are the lowest when it comes to respect for other artists. Mind you, I was pretty apathetic about kpop until i met this stupid korean bitch (typical international students from korea) who keeps trashing american pop artists and how Kpop is soo much better than them. Mind you not all american pop singers are good but does it mean you have trash talk and glorifying your idol that no one really gives a flying fuck about?
how duhhhh farrk do you find out duhhh interrigence of the chinese kpop fans?
and SM entertainment is good. they produce better music than a lot of songs nowadays.
brah, genuine musicians like jay chou went to china too ya know

i ruv kpop fans because they're duh sexay. i go to a chick and say to dem hey angel you duh sexay?
you jelly?

but i don't care how far kpop goes, but i just ruv kpop

redyellowdragon

HSC

how duhhhh farrk do you find out duhhh interrigence of the chinese kpop fans?
and SM entertainment is good. they produce better music than a lot of songs nowadays.
brah, genuine musicians like jay chou went to china too ya know

i ruv kpop fans because they're duh sexay. i go to a chick and say to dem hey angel you duh sexay?
you jelly?
but i don't care how far kpop goes, but i just ruv kpop
Are you implying in anyway that jay chou is actually on the same level as these pseudo-musicians(aka kpop)? Intelligence of chinese kpop fans eh? here is a simple test. just ask them who the beatles are. guarantee you that they either don't know or glorify their kpop idols' achievements over them.

also michael jackson is famous for skipping china in all of his world tour. I guess it's unfortunate for chinese people like me who don't buy the bullshit from that pathetic country(south fucking korea) and create a world wide image for being a shitty audience so that 90% of the world class musicians end up leaving our country out their tour.

gorillaz

HSC
N/A

Are you implying in anyway that jay chou is actually on the same level as these pseudo-musicians(aka kpop)? Intelligence of chinese kpop fans eh? here is a simple test. just ask them who the beatles are. guarantee you that they either don't know or glorify their kpop idols' achievements over them.

also michael jackson is famous for skipping china in all of his world tour. I guess it's unfortunate for chinese people like me who don't buy the bullshit from that pathetic country(south fucking korea) and create a world wide image for being a shitty audience so that 90% of the world class musicians end up leaving our country out their tour.
yeah brah, jay chou is actually same level as them. and also how do they know about duh beatles, you meant those tiny little bugs right? im guaranteed they know that too

meh, michael jackson is just one figure. and too bad for you that they bought the stuff from south korea anyway. if kpop fans want to be kpop fans, let them be

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A

deal

with

it

The Bui

HSC

but I gotta say that the girls are fucking hot
I LOVE TAEYEON FROM SNSD <3

and you chinese douche up there, deal with that.
they are not hot they are ugly. But thats just me

HSC
N/A

they are not hot they are ugly. But thats just me
are you serious? it's fine to hate on kpop for being plastic and fake, but even the most stubborn hater has to realise that these girls look gorgeous.

concon

HSC
N/A

are you serious? it's fine to hate on kpop for being plastic and fake, but even the most stubborn hater has to realise that these girls look gorgeous.
yeah buddy ever heard of plastic surgeries..? guess not...

LightXT

HSC
Uni Grad

Successful troll is successful.

HSC
N/A

yeah buddy ever heard of plastic surgeries..? guess not...
er... didn't i say although they're plastic you can't deny that they're hot?

acemusic415

HSC

I love SNSD so much, but in my honest opinion, they should stay in Asia for the time being. I love their music, but they simply aren't ready. For the most part, for an artist to be liked you need personality and they have to be personable. SNSD can't because the greatest majority of them can't speak fluent English, let alone conversational English. That said, Western music and mainstream music has seen a massive decline of bands and the fact that there are 9 of them makes it even more difficult (it took me almost a year to confidently learn their names). Another point I want to mention as well is that a lot of them don't even sing and thus, lip sync which makes it worse. Often not, they lip sync is because they're scared their English will fumble and that's what I mean that they aren't ready. They need to assimilate into Western culture for a bit - learn the language and they may be ready.

mirakon

nigga
HSC

snsd oMG dEY are like so amazing omg dey are da best evar and dey are so much betta than da beatels who were like so overrated and fuck da haters and screw bieber

animeiswild

HSC

SNSD is probably successful because SM is rich. I don't really think SNSD will be popular in America because their style of music is TOTALLY different to English music. Especially their cute-sy styled songs like "Gee". It'll probably fail. And their repetitive style gets rather boring and annoying eventually. SNSD's popularity in America will probably be temporary and short-lived just like Wonder Girls. Their song "Nobody" made a debut on the Billboard Hot 100 in October 2009, making the group the first Korean group to ever enter the chart. ~ [Direct quote from Wikipedia] And look where they are now?

To be honest, I reckon Kpop is already beginning to die out now.

I love Yoona but just looking at, at least half the group and their English, I can't see them going far. And you must admit not everyone in SNSD are the best singers. Despite loving Yoona, I know that she is probably the member with the weakest vocal and although she's improving, she won't become a spectacular singer. I mean she doesn't even get many lines in each song. And you can't compare SNSD to the Beatles. Although I am not very familiar with the Beatles, I know that each member actually played musical instruments and composed most of their songs whilst with SNSD only half of the members at most play a musical instrument and they don't compose many of their songs. To sing is one story, to compose is another. Just like your other thread about kpop vs classical music. Kpop will never overtake the Beatles or classical. They can't compare to a genius like Mozart :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)