What is your vocal range? (1 Viewer)

madharris

HSC
N/A
E2 (can't go any lower, i tried) - B5 (falsetto)
E2 - Ab4 (head voice) - occasionally can since a B4 but not often :p

Last edited:

planino

HSC
E2 (can't go any lower, i tried) - B5 (falsetto)
E2 - Ab4 (head voice) - occasionally can since a B4 but not often :p
Gimme your falsetto range!! I actually don't know how to identify the point of transition between my head voice and falsetto cos sometimes I hit the same note with either of them (lol). I actually find this slightly amusing because you have a wider range than some kiddy keyboards :)

This means that with your range you can cover Muse, so jelly!

madharris

HSC
N/A
Gimme your falsetto range!! I actually don't know how to identify the point of transition between my head voice and falsetto cos sometimes I hit the same note with either of them (lol). I actually find this slightly amusing because you have a wider range than some kiddy keyboards :)

This means that with your range you can cover Muse, so jelly!
Haha! :p yeah my falsetto overlaps with my head voice too sometimes
I'm not 100% sure about chest voice though, since i intuitively change from chest to head, so I'm not really sure of the top note of that :p

but yeah, i can cover muse :p
You can train your voice to sing higher (and lower) though :p

However, there's still heaps of people that i'm jelly of :p
They sing like some crazy note and i'm like *jaw drops*

planino

HSC
Yeah the chest/head/falsetto ranges probs overlap for people I'm guessing.

Haha noice!! It's incredibly difficult cos Matt is so bloody adventurous with every phrase and his voice. Exploring Muse is quite fun.

Yeah, I'm sure Matt Bellamy is one of them? Him and Luke Kennedy on The Voice is for me.

madharris

HSC
N/A
Yeah the chest/head/falsetto ranges probs overlap for people I'm guessing.

Haha noice!! It's incredibly difficult cos Matt is so bloody adventurous with every phrase and his voice. Exploring Muse is quite fun.

Yeah, I'm sure Matt Bellamy is one of them? Him and Luke Kennedy on The Voice is for me.
Haha I used to karaoke to muse all the time when nobody was home! - However i've never had training or anything so can't do any of the vocal tricks and stuff that they do (or even what luke form the voice does - derr he's classically trained) :(
I can do a shitty vibrato that i taught myself but i don't think it's right! haha :)

planino

HSC
Haha I used to karaoke to muse all the time when nobody was home! - However i've never had training or anything so can't do any of the vocal tricks and stuff that they do (or even what luke form the voice does - derr he's classically trained) :(
I can do a shitty vibrato that i taught myself but i don't think it's right! haha :)
LOLOL cheeky! There are times when I unwittingly sing or hum a little too loudly and others just catch me out of nowhere...

Luke will be Luke. Like Joel said, his voice is like butter: tastes good on anything.

Youtube vids may help if you think it's shitty? Plenty of great (and horrible) instructional vids there. Idk that's what I'm doing (lol) whenever I'm bored cos I can't teach myself anything. I sound ridiculous but who cares, it's refreshing :)

I guess voiceovers help out a fair bit. Hm.
? I do not understand.

madharris

HSC
N/A
LOLOL cheeky! There are times when I unwittingly sing or hum a little too loudly and others just catch me out of nowhere...
This happens to me all the time, especially in the street!
e.g. When your walking in suburban area and you're singing and people are at the front of their house
e.g. When you're turn a corner and you're singing and people are there
e.g. When people walk behind you and you're singing and you don't know they're there

however, if i'm with friends on the street, ill sing al the time! haha - we just get weird stares

? I do not understand.
He makes videos of himself doing voiceovers and impersonations I think

hayabusaboston

HSC

Luke will be Luke. Like Joel said, his voice is like butter: tastes good on anything.

Youtube vids may help if you think it's shitty? Plenty of great (and horrible) instructional vids there. Idk that's what I'm doing (lol) whenever I'm bored cos I can't teach myself anything. I sound ridiculous but who cares, it's refreshing :)

? I do not understand.
Doing voices/copying people/imitating people/impressions etc etc helps out a lot with strengthening vocal chords.

fishrushed

HSC
C3 to E5 in chest and head voice
C6 with falsetto
Falsetto does wonders :D

Doing voices/copying people/imitating people/impressions etc etc helps out a lot with strengthening vocal chords.
But it does make you lose the capacity to produce your own natural voice though if you overdo it

mawissah

HSC
D3 to B6 quite comfortably actually, but i start falsetto at about F5

planino

HSC
This happens to me all the time, especially in the street!
e.g. When your walking in suburban area and you're singing and people are at the front of their house
e.g. When you're turn a corner and you're singing and people are there
e.g. When people walk behind you and you're singing and you don't know they're there

however, if i'm with friends on the street, ill sing al the time! haha - we just get weird stares
Glad I'm not the only one!! I'm scared of the 1st example because I walk to school and hum cos nobody's there.

And you have awesome friends.

planino

HSC
And to all you people who can reach higher notes with their head voices than I can with falsetto, omgosh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)