Folk Music (1 Viewer)

calamebe

HSC
My favourites right now:

Honestly, everything I have heard from these two bands is amazing.

Orwell

HSC
Folk music is my favourite genre - check out some of the playlists on Spotify if you can. I'll give the above a listen to as well, never heard them.

calamebe

HSC
Folk music is my favourite genre - check out some of the playlists on Spotify if you can. I'll give the above a listen to as well, never heard them.
Yeah I need to get more in to folk music, these two bands are the only real folk I've heard. Do you know any more folk in this vein? Not sure why but dark and melancholic neofolk really appeals to me.

Last edited:

Orwell

HSC
Yeah I need to get more in to folk music, these two bands are the only real folk I've heard. Do you know any more folk in this vein? Not sure why but dark and melancholic neofolk really appeals to me.
I heard those songs and I think we have a very different taste in folk. I'm more into Bob Dylan and people of that nature.

calamebe

HSC
I heard those songs and I think we have a very different taste in folk. I'm more into Bob Dylan and people of that nature.
Hahaha ah ok, yeah folk is a pretty wide genre of music, so that makes sense. Honestly, I got into that kind of folk music through black metal, which may explain it a bit. Anyway feel free to use this thread to post any folk music, because why not.

Orwell

HSC
Hahaha ah ok, yeah folk is a pretty wide genre of music, so that makes sense. Honestly, I got into that kind of folk music through black metal, which may explain it a bit. Anyway feel free to use this thread to post any folk music, because why not.
Haha, I was about to say this folk reminds me of metal and that's a genre I'm not super keen on.

Kolmias

HSC
Bob Dylan's earlier stuff is essential for anyone new to folk. [emoji14]

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Kolmias

HSC
Need a prog thread (am I pushing it now? :0)

Orwell

HSC
Yeah, in some instances I actually like her Bob Dylan covers more than the originals.

If I were to send you my folk music favourites, it'd take a while but this one from my favourites, however, it's unfortunate I can't find the one featuring Johnny Cash. If you want, you can find that version on Spotify and I suggest you give it a listen, it's so much better than just Dylan alone.

Last edited:

Kolmias

HSC
Dylan can't really sing but he's an awesome songwriter

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)