Care to listen to a song im working on? (1 Viewer)

iwannarock

HSC
i posted this in the band section but im not really in a band so i decided to be selfish and make a whole thread for me. i've been playing guitar for exactly 2 years now.

now im doing a recording course at uni so had finally had a chance to record a song.

this is my first recording ever. its an instrumental. still needs to be mixed and eq'd so its sounding quite raw atm. its a really poppy sorta cheesy song. i usually write bluesey rock n roll songs so this is outta character from me.

oh yeah and listen to it through windows media player.........it doesnt seem to like winamp it sounds bad.

ah well enough excuses here it is.

http://savefile.com/files.php?fid=5810267 then click on download.

maybe this could be a thread for the musicians to post their songs in? so then i don't look like such a bastard.

Luke_D

HSC
Sounds pretty cool man :)

Just a few things for the EQ (constructive criticism). That background sound that starts at the very start needs to be toned down a bit I think. It seems to get louder as the song progresses but it kinda pierces my ears lol. It's a cool sound though. Plus I think the drums sound a bit sloppy (the sound I mean). They sound like they weren't recorded in a studio. A bit of EQ and compression might be able to fix that :)

iwannarock

HSC
Luke_D said:
Sounds pretty cool man :)

Just a few things for the EQ (constructive criticism). That background sound that starts at the very start needs to be toned down a bit I think. It seems to get louder as the song progresses but it kinda pierces my ears lol. It's a cool sound though. Plus I think the drums sound a bit sloppy (the sound I mean). They sound like they weren't recorded in a studio. A bit of EQ and compression might be able to fix that :)
thanks for listening. ok with the start, i was going for an ocean-ish sorta noise. it ended up sounding like a swamp or a rainforest at night. i was hoping that background noise would sound like crickets chirping or something. the problem is though is that sound came from the guitar effects. so whatever i do to that will affect the guitar parts. i'll try turn all the levels down at the start because the whole song is on the verge of clipping anyway.

yeah im hoping i can fix the drum sound..the kick is very prominent and sounds very "undefined" i think is the word........i don't want to record again.

Last edited:

Luke_D

HSC
iwannarock said:
thanks for listening. ok with the start, i was going for an ocean-ish sorta noise. it ended up sounding like a swamp or a rainforest at night. i was hoping that background noise would sound like crickets chirping or something. the problem is though is that sound came from the guitar effects. so whatever i do to that will affect the guitar parts. i'll try turn all the levels down at the start because the whole song is on the verge of clipping anyway.

yeah im hoping i can fix the drum sound..the kick is very prominent and sounds very "undefined" i think is the word........i don't want to record again.
Yeah the kick definately needs tightening up. You can fix that up a bit with the compressor.

If you want to some oceanic/night time sounds, there's a few tracks floating around on Limewire that are pretty good. I've got one that is just 19min of waves crashing on the shore with seaguls in the background and stuff. Maybe have a search for those :)

Ellie-Bee

HSC
iwannarock said:
i posted this in the band section but im not really in a band so i decided to be selfish and make a whole thread for me. i've been playing guitar for exactly 2 years now.

now im doing a recording course at uni so had finally had a chance to record a song.

this is my first recording ever. its an instrumental. still needs to be mixed and eq'd so its sounding quite raw atm. its a really poppy sorta cheesy song. i usually write bluesey rock n roll songs so this is outta character from me.

oh yeah and listen to it through windows media player.........it doesnt seem to like winamp it sounds bad.

ah well enough excuses here it is.

http://savefile.com/files.php?fid=5810267 then click on download.

maybe this could be a thread for the musicians to post their songs in? so then i don't look like such a bastard.

what uni do you go to??

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
oooh sounds nice.

the start has got a real forest feely.

But i think the bit where it changes and the drums enter needs a bit more of a segway. eg. the guitar cuts out then suddenly drums come through. maybe have the bass drum comein softly in the back ground?

otherwise...i like and congrats

iwannarock

HSC
i go to mac uni.

yeah mr brightside im in quite a dillemna about the beginning. the audio track for the guitar doesn't extend long enough. so i had to fade them out real quick. i can't record the intro again cuz all of it was once off and the effects were just improvised.i tried moving the drums and guitar part to start earlier but it just sounded weird.

i'll try that bass drum idea.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)