Jackson to co-write Hobbit film (1 Viewer)

Born2baplacebo

Get Behind Me Satan
HSC
Oscar-winning Lord of the Rings director Peter Jackson will co-write the screenplays for the two-part adaptation of JRR Tolkien's The Hobbit, it was reported today.
Jackson, who will act as executive producer on the eagerly awaited blockbusters due to be filmed in 2010, will be reunited with his writing partners from the Lord of the Rings trilogy, Fran Walsh and Philippa Boyens.
Guillermo Del Toro, who is to direct the films, will also co-write the script, entertainment industry press reported.
Del Toro was confirmed as director earlier this year after the project was given the go-ahead when Jackson and Hollywood studio New Line ended a lengthy quarrel over dividends from the Lord of the Rings series.
The Hobbit is set in Middle Earth and is a prelude to the Lord of the Rings trilogy.
The book tells the story of how the hobbit Bilbo Baggins sets off on a quest accompanied by 13 dwarves and Gandalf the wizard to confront a dragon.

sigh....

X

xeuyrawp

CaptainNemo said:
should be good. but 2010???
Yeah, multimillion dollar epic films can sometimes take time to plan, write, produce, distribute, etc. Strange, I know.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
i hope they dont fuck up. it would be a shame to wreak such a great book as the hobbit.

though looking at what he did for lotr, thought major segments were cut out for screenplay purposes...it was still a well-told story.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)