Best James Bond (1 Viewer)

Who was the best Bond?

• Total voters

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
So Roger Moore as 007 just kicked Drakes plan in the ass! Fox Classicis has been playing them all. Who was best?

Sean Connery
George Lazenby
Roger Moore
Timothy Dalton
Pierce Brosnan
Daniel Craig (seems unfair to include him but eh)

I say Moore. MOAR Moore!

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Moore was wrinkly and had a gay haircut

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Stuff it up your jumper.
Moore was a little more femme

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Hahar Babies, I need more cowbell

If I catch ya i'll kill ya Nebz, ya hear me, i'll kill ya. Take your girly bond, he's got nothing on the virile Scot - a man a teen, ruined with puberty, could model himself on; a real leader. Moore was never anything but a leathery actor

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Dalton was a nice Bond, in the most opposite sense of that word (he was mean!). Having him there for more than two movies would have been a bit much though. Yeah, Dalton was cool.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
He was great in Goldeneye. Struck a great balance where I feel Moore, Dalton and Connery failed. Sadly the scripts of his other movies kinda blew and he didn't have a lot to work with. His work in TWINE wasn't bad though.

So I disagree with you. Lazenby was the worst. Looked like he thought the whole thing was a big joke. He was a douche.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Craig, of course. According to AICN, who saw ten minutes of footage, there's an exchange in Quantum of Solace that isn't the kind of thing you'd expect in an action film where Bond talks about what it takes to take a life, which is apparently so good it makes him the best actor to ever stand in the shoes of Double-Oh Seven.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
I think it'll be fake. What's Bond's body count now? About 687? I doubt that heinous man could care. :(

Pain

I am Jack's wasted life.
HSC
My personal favourite would probably be Craig. The guy is great. A fresh new take on Bond, not the old concept that keeps getting rehashed. I'm not a Bond fan-boy, my knowledge doesn't go back further then the film with the Jaws henchmen, but hey..Craig rocks.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Rebekkie said:
the problem i have with craig is that he just isn't suave. and bond is supposed to be suave. .: craig doesn't cut it for me
The suave-ness is something that was born more out of the films than the source material. Fleming's Bond was the kind of man who indulged in fast cars and women as an escape from the reality of his life: he's a trained killer. When the books were adapted into films, EON Productions gave him the suave appearance was added to make him accepted a little more by audiences. Daniel Craigis actually the closest representation of Fleming's creation that we've ever seen.

Also, give Pierce Brosnan a little more credit: it was with GoldenEye that he proved the world still needed James Bond, even if it was a world without the Cold War. Sure, he was let down with the scripts of Tomorrow Never Dies and Die Another Day, but it was Brosnan who brought James Bond into the twenty-first century.

Jessica14

HSC
Craig is definitely my favourite..... maybe that's just because I'm a Craig fan......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)