Spider Man Remake (1 Viewer)

crazysexycool

HSC
A remake starring Andrew Garfield (from Social Network) as Peter Parker and Emma Stone (Easy A) as Gwen Stacy is being filmed at the moment. APPARENTLY Sally Field and Martin Sheen have been casted as Parker’s Aunt May and Uncle Ben, Rhys Ifans (Notting Hill) as Dr. Curt Connors and his alter-ego; The Lizard and C. Thomas Howell (The Outsiders) as Ray Cooper.

To be quite honest I'm actually kinda excited. Maybe they can make up for the douchebaggery of the third film. And besides, Emma Stone is awesome.

HSC
Uni Grad
if this is true, please let this fail so the stupid fucking remake cunts will (hopefully) learn something and try to do something original for once, fuck me dead

remakes are fucking aids (99% of the time which is good enough not to bother at all)

great ghosts

HSC
^ kind of agree. I'm so sick of remakes, and I've noticed a bunch of 70s horror movies (which are so so so amazing) are being redone. however I'm actually pretty excited for this, hopefully the spider man franchise can ~redeem~ itself. also andrew garfield being in it is a total plus. <3

jnney

lemon
HSC
American movies are..I'm not even going to say it.

jnney

lemon
HSC
There is a world outside of America, you know.

eat_well

HSC
I watched the trailer and I hate the whole 'dark spiderman' concept. The whole thing is a metaphor for a teenager growing up and experiencing new parts of themselves that they have never known about before. Out of all the superheroes movies I always thought of spiderman as the one that was the most light-hearted and the character itself is one that I can really relate to, it doesn't really work when it tries to be serious. Yes it worked for the dark knight but cmon...it's batman!! how could it not have worked.

carpe_diem

HSC
I watched it a couple of days ago, and I really enjoyed it. eat_well, I actually thought that Andrew Garfield portrayed Peter Parker more as a teenager than Tobey McGuire. He had that awkwardness and gawkiness of a teenager, yet still retained an attitude with a sense of humour. SOME MAY even say that his portrayal of Peter was more closer to comic books than McGuire's. But that's just my opinion.

cha737may

Banned
HSC
Yeah i am also looking forward to watch this but i think we are knowing it very soon.. so keep watching.:uhoh::uhoh::uhoh:

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Not watching it, heard Peter Parker is NOT being portrayed as a science geek.

The Bui

HSC
I was really dissapointed with the movie. Although it was better then the original

BrokenGlass

HSC
Thought the movie was really good. Garfield portrayed Peter Parker in a much more light-hearted, teenager and Classic Spidey way than Tobey, IMHO. Also - although the whole villain thing was sort of... stupid(to not reveal any thing), and I think Garfield and Stone's performances drove it home.
I think the reason it hasn't performed so well or gotten rave reviews, because its coming off the back of Raimi's Spiderman movies, which, I think, were quite a breakthrough - they were the first really popular big screen adaptation of Spiderman, and they were a huge hit with a wide range of audiences (For all purposes please exclude Spiderman 3). Had they not existed, I reckon this movie would have worked wonders at the Box Office.
However, since only a few years ago we all saw Spidey on the big screen, we feel like this new one is 'old news' in terms of the Origin Story, or we start to make too many comparisons. For example, you can't replace the perfect casting of J.K. Simmons as J. Jonah Jameson(the angry Daily Bugle editor-in-chief) in the Raimi movies, and we grow tired of the origin story which we all know.
I think like the supposed Batman Reboot thats coming in the next few years, comparisons to the recently made earlier movies will definitely drag this movie down a bit, but nevertheless I enjoyed The Amazing Spiderman - and it was a good movie.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)