Just saw One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1 Viewer)

HSC
It's such an amazing movie, both funny and extremely emotional. Plus it has one of the most famous ending scenes in history...

Has anyone else seen it? If so... what did you guys think?

HSC
Great movie, one of my favourite classics.
One of Jack Nicholson and definitely Loiuse Fletchers best... I didn't even realise Danny Devito was in the movie until half way through (doesn't mean he acted badly, just that i didn't recognise him).

Now that I've seen the movie, I recognise The Simpson's spoof in the episode where Bart kidnaps the old people at the old folkes home and takes them on a cruise in a ship. I even think in that same episode Chief comes in, gives them a phamplet and then breaks the window with a water bubbler and runs away... just like in the movie. So awesome

Last edited:

onur91

HSC
N/A
Yeah I hadn't realised either, and it is easy to oversee it, based on the fact the movie is 35 years old lol

haha yep, discovered the same thing after I watched the movie, never knew that episode was riddled with references to the movie.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
We've used it as a reference for our uni theatre shows. Great film.

onur91

HSC
N/A
Would have been an interesting show. How many are you involved in over the course of a year?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Would have been an interesting show. How many are you involved in over the course of a year?
Depends on the level of involvement. Huge commitment type ones, maybe 4-5 a year max. Helping out temporarily for a couple of hours/days; probably between 10-30, depending on what's going on.

onur91

HSC
N/A
Sounds like heaps of work, how the hell do you find the time?
The answer better involve some form of time travel. I need some entertainment.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Well you see, there's the toaster which when applied directly to the hand creates a...

4-5 shows at the end of each uni session. So roughly 8-10/year
1-2 over the summer and winter breaks through uni. So 2-4/year

Plus whatever I do outside of uni

onur91

HSC
N/A
Not bad, was expecting a terminator-esque scenario, but that works too.

Have you had a meltdown yet? Any chairs thrown around while you spewed anti-semitic claims?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Not publically, but I've had a few internal meltdowns.

Today felt like hell. One of the worst in a while.

onur91

HSC
N/A
If I have one word of advice to give you, it's TOASTER.

Perhaps don't take as many jobs next time dude, cut down on the amount of shows you're involved in?

Another option would be to never sleep again, but I warn you, after a while you WILL be seeing ghosts of Lincoln's past. Not a pretty sight.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
If I have one word of advice to give you, it's TOASTER.

Perhaps don't take as many jobs next time dude, cut down on the amount of shows you're involved in?

Another option would be to never sleep again, but I warn you, after a while you WILL be seeing ghosts of Lincoln's past. Not a pretty sight.
The problem is not that I'm juggling multiple shows at the moment. There was just too much to do for one show alone. And if I'm the one in charge of it, I've just got to take it all on board, and delegate as best I can.

I'll manage, it was just other factors (outside of uni) that were thrown into the mix today that made it hard.

onur91

HSC
N/A
Ahhh I see, must be a bitch of a show. Good luck dude, hope it all works out.

If you need to relieve some stress, just do what I do, murder a hooker and bury her in an unmarked grave. Woks wonders.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Ahhh I see, must be a bitch of a show. Good luck dude, hope it all works out.

If you need to relieve some stress, just do what I do, murder a hooker and bury her in an unmarked grave. Woks wonders.
You know what, forget the murder, leave the hooker.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)